Lidl & Aldi unsold tools

What happens to all the stuff they must have left over? I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but where does it go?

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

My local stores seem to keep it for some time afterwards - just move it along the isle. Only rarely does it get reduced. Or rather things I'm interested in rarely seem to get reduced - more likely sold out by the time I get there.

So my guess is to maximise profits - and keep the prices down - they very rarely order more than they know they will sell.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You can often find stuff a long time after the sale day usually moved up th e aisle and often further reduced. They do make mistakes sometimes and get left with gear that cannot be sold it probably makes a return later in the year. Last year Lidl had a sale of portable tools where the tool and its ba ttery and charger were sold separately. A lot of the local stores round her e ended up with crates of tools but no batteries to go with them, I suspect many purchasers of the tools decided they needed spare batteries which adm ittedly were being sold off cheap and bought an extra one or two. I think i t was a bit of too clever thinking by someone in the purchasing department. As with all their tools they had a 3 year warranty but as we all know it i s often the batteries that give up first so the tools and batteries were se parated the tool still had the 3 year Warranty but the batteries did not. T he odd few portable tools that have been sold since have been sold with cha rger and battery in the package.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I think may depend on the size nd location of the store but they just keep the items on display until sold. I've visited stores in areas not local to me to find large stocks of items that have sold out in the stores local to me within a day

Reply to
alan_m

Worth checking the instruction leaflet. Sometimes you can mail order extra batteries.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I once tried to buy something cheap "as seen" because it had been opened and the packaging was damaged, but the manager would not sell it.

Reply to
Graham.

mine still has anti-climb paint from ages ago. No-one ever wanted it. They' ve only reduced it the once. It makes the manager look a bit incompetent. T hey should ebay it or landfill it, retail shelf space is valuable.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Perhaps there's a bit of internal shifting going on then, because my local stores can have large quantities of certain items [I usually notice tools & the like], for weeks, then when I next visit, they're gone.

I was aware that stock can vary from store to store. I was really dissapointed to miss the pole mounted chainsaw at Aldi. I came across a shop up north with a pile at a ridiculous price. I now have three!

I could certainly do with an Aldi nail/ Staple gun [pneumatic] if anyone knows of a store with one.

My first was brilliant but I have run out of staples and it is no longer in the UK :-(

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Lidl have stores where they send stuff to be reduced. There was one near me in Wednsebury where you could go and find lots of reduced stuff but they must change stores as that one stopped doing it.

Reply to
dennis

The Lidl at Ferndown in Dorset seemed be another one with a section where stock from other stores was remaindered, may still be but I haven?t visited it fo a while now since they opened a newer store nearer to where we live. The item I remember being a real cheapy was a cement/plaster mixer being sold for£5 about three years ago. BougHt two as the other half likes to blend compost, soil,and other stuff for her plants. Previously I had done it by rolling around the material in a plastic dustbin but using the stirrer was much easier, I had half expected it to burn out fairly easily but so far the spare remains in its box. GH

Reply to
Marland

In Australia Aldi move them between Aldi stores that may sell better

Reply to
FMurtz

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Last summer their shop in Ayr opened the vacant shop next door and sold loads of stuff at give away prices....bought a lot myself.....and all car boot sales were swamped with the stuff .......

Reply to
Aeolus 14 Umbra

It must have came from all over the UK ...........at the end they were charging ?6 for a full trolley .........

Reply to
Aeolus 14 Umbra

...and they only accepted cards no cash...strange

Reply to
Aeolus 14 Umbra

so there you go no need for the thread to continue with wild suppositions...tee hee

Reply to
Aeolus 14 Umbra

It happens that Graham. formulated :

Usually when I have made an offer, my offer has been declined. I have only once succeeded in getting a damaged/opened/missing parts item reduced.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

At least in Lidl is is obvious if something has been opened. Bought an item in Argos which was very obviously a return, by the way it was packed. Cables just rammed into boxes, rather than the usual neatly coiled and tie wrapped. And the batteries for the remote control missing. Instructions appeared to have got damp too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)