Dyson DC59 replacement battery - engineer required?

I started researching replacing the battery in our DC59 - not now an issue fortunately.

Dyson don't sell batteries because they say it should only be fitted by a trained engineer.

That leaves 3rd party products or paying the Dyson tax.

Has anyone been down this route with a hand held Dyson?

It is bound to be required at some point in the future.

I have no idea why Dyson didn't follow the route of most battery appliances and have a replaceable battery with a separate charger.

Noted that they have the same script for the In-car charger which really defies all logic.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

for a battery pack

only thing I found for a DC59 was this a battery take apart

whisky-dave

No doubt you noted the "We don't sell this spare part online, as it should only be replaced by a qualified engineer.".

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Well yes that is why I used the words .

"only thing I found for a DC59 was this a battery take apart"

The reason I used the word ONLY.

Reply to
whisky-dave