Dyson DC59 battery

The Li-ion battery in my Dyson hand held DC59 no longer hold much charge.

Is it possible to replace the individual cells or should I just by a replacement battery probably on ebay.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Don't mess with batteries like that would be my advice. If one cell has died others won't be far behind and often getting them to bits etc, and getting the right one and putting it back together can be dangerous on such high power density cells. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Possible but pointless. Lithium ion batteries degrade more or less as a unit.

You might chosose to by a pack and adapt it to the form factor or more simply do as you surmise: grab a new compatible pack thats built for the task.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher