Anyone else seen these on Ebay?

This looks like a good deal? any comments, anyone purchased one from him?

dhmeiser1

Not sure about the one you listed , but check out

while you are looking around. It may provide a useful comparison of quality and features.

HTH

Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws

> Thanks

Reply to
Jim

I see a lot of hose there...and a reduction in suction. LOL Joe

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Joe_Stein

I don't get it... they've made everything transparent *except* the part that really *needs* to be transparent: the chip bin.

What's the point?

Doug Miller

sorry, just testing this group =)

Reply to
Adam Hill

alt.test is down ----> that way.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You can see that material is moving properly through the cyclone as opposed to being stuck at a clog someplace.

Plus it looks real cool.

It looks to me like the buyer supplies his own chip bin.

Reply to
fredfighter

Yeah, well, I don't need a transparent cyclone to tell me that material is, or isn't, moving. I'm too busy watching the tool I'm working at to pay attention to what the dust collector looks like. If it's full, or clogged, I figure it out pretty quickly, when the sawdust starts pouring out of the bandsaw, or the chips begin to fly out the front of the planer.

Yep. Where can I buy a transparent chip bin for my Oneida DC?

Doug Miller

I dunno... I have a metal-bodied cyclone (Oneida 1.5HP), and it seems to me that most of the noise that it produces is due to large volumes of air moving at fairly high speed. IOW, it sounds more like wind than like a machine.

In any event, I don't think the noise level from my dust collector is particularly relevant: the TS, RAS, planer, and routers, at least, make a

*lot* more noise than the DC, so I'm wearing hearing protection all the time anyway.

Doug Miller

I'd imagine it's also quite a bit quieter than a comparable metal unit.

Reply to
mp