Subject Author Posted Replies

Festool Roadshow
I took a day off work today (have more days left than there are working days left in the year) to go to the Festool Roadshow at Highland Woodworking. Well worth the time spent, particularly the free...
24
24

Progress on the Gift Boxes
The weather has been cold and damp here so prefinishing the insides of the boxes took some time. Anyway I have now got all of the boxes glued up and need to cut the boxes to form the separated tops...
9
9

Where's Swingman been?
I haven't been around much... but I noticed that Karl hasn't posted in a long time, or I missed it. Is he ok?
1
1

Think you have seen it all with nails and nail guns?
Think again. Wooden nail guns. The first collated nail made of wood
25
25

New Rough Cut host!
Rough Cut survives! In this month's Fine Woodworking they announced that they are supporters of the new Rough Cut show with a new host - Tom Mclaughlin. This woodworker has been on the show with Tommy...
1
1

B&D 18 volt batteries
I have looked on ebay and amazon for these. There is a plethora of choices and confusing. Has anyone had experience with any suppliers? Thanks, CP
3
3

Ok that hardwood vs softwood thing
So a conifer is a softwood, deciduous tree is a hardwood, what the heck is a decidous conifer, besides being a bald cypress. Just one of those thing that crop up this time of year as the drifts of...
7
7

Craigslist: Anybody Need A Clamping Machine?
Stumbled across this. It's just a little too big for my shop, so I'm gonna pass. https://rochester.craigslist.org/for/d/woodworking-machine/6387050329.html
2
2

Yesterday
Most days I am in the shop alone. Given my personality, that suits me well . But yesterday a friend dropped by and we made a horn press for his black powder powder horns. Just the time spent visiting...
5
5

more indoor racks
saw a good idea by craig benztely for a dowel rack that hangs from the ceiling he took three approx eighteen by ten ply sheets then cut fourteen large holes in each and hung them from two bys attached...
1
1

What is it? (Amateur version Post #16)
Here is another post in my amateur ?What is it?? tool threa d. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size a nd how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox. L....
33
33

More Actual Woodworking
15" Planer, the Drum Sander on the right is 22"/44"
15
15

outdoor lumber rack
putting more old lumber to use and making an outdoor rack for the rougher stuff it will be exposed to air but not rain or sun one thing undecided is what to put the legs on options are premade...
3
3

Cypress Chair Design Errors, Maybe
Learn from one's mistakes! Project: Making "rustic" chairs to go with the cypress (camp) table. I wanted to do the woodwork with hand tools, mostly, and this, I think, mad e for some inaccurate...
5
5

after the fact
was undecided on the location and position of the wood racks so i finished the walls and thought on it a while found a good idea in an old taunton press book forget the author great for keeping the...
8
8