Festool Reconditioned sale

In the past 10 or so days I have probably received 40 or so e-mails from Festool, often 4~5 at a time.

Each e-mail is offering a re manufactured/refurbished Festool tool at a significantly reduced price. Seems to be about 30% less than regular new pricing.

Seems the time to buy if you need something and can do with a 1 year vs.

3 year warranty.

I will say for the popular items, the Kapex, both Domino's, the 3 larger routers, dust extractors, and drills that you have to be quick to respond. The first 3 mentioned above are usually gone after 3~6 minutes of when the e-mail was sent.

Has anyone else taken advantage? I missed out on the Kapex, I was too slow to respond.

Reply to
Leon

I signed up after someone mentioned the list in another thread. It's kind of like a daily "neener-neener! look what you can't afford!" :-) It's also a bot difficult to tell what exactly is for sale and what's included. Is there a model number cross check list somewhere?

I *am* thinking about the contractor version of the track saw. There have been quite a few time in this past year when I really could've used one.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I've pushed the "Buy Now" button on a bunch of them, just to see the prices. I've yet to see one that wasn't already gone.

Reply to
krw

They say that everything that is included in the retail version, is included in the "reconditioned sale".

festool.com? Dead tree catalog? I generally use highland.com, since it's my favorite toy store.

Reply to
krw

You have to be quick to respond as soon as the e-mail arrives, and it has to have been read shortly after it was sent. 10 minutes after the e-mail was initially sent is usually too late. I never down loaded most before 2 hours. LOL way too late. I have had an opportunity to get 2~3 items. But I have hit my Festool limit for a while last Monday. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I _just_ received the email for a DTS400. I immediately opened it and it was sold, too. I suppose it's a good thing I didn't want it. ;-) Apparently my email server is too slow to buy reconditioned.

I guess so! Don't wait too long, though. You're going to want to beat the price increases. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I always considered it a bit strange, but you do not see the Festool crowd raving about Mafell tools. Whyizat? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Working during the day, there is no way I could respond fast enough to any post to make a two minute window or received/responded. I can't do that wh en people tell me my check is ready!

Out of all the Festool equipment I have looked at and handled, the track sa w is the only piece I nearly bought on. I went to see Karl and Leon one ye ar and Karl ripped a piece of plywood for me so he could show me the qualit y of cut. I was actually astonished. He and Leon had just finished a kitche n build out and apparently used the track saw to break down the sheet goods before final sizing at the table saw.

You could easily use the end results from the track saw to build cabinets. The whisper thin veneer didn't chip, their was NO sign of saw marks anywhe re, and the open grain from the cut was very smooth. Ready for glue up!

MIKE, if you get one, make sure you get with Leon about the modification he and Karl have to done to their setup just to make the saw/track use easier and a bit better.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I will. I remember making a metal note about that when they posted it.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Maybe because I am clueless who sells Mafell. Festool has been around for a quite a while here in the USA but was not really recognized until they went all our about 10 years ago and began showing up in stores that a woodworker would go to.

Reply to
Leon

I had another shot at a Kapex today and not too late but it would have been too many. LOL

LOL, I did beat the price increase. If I buy again late next year I will beat the price increases again in 2019, ;~)

Reply to
Leon

BY contractor are you talking about the one that looks like a regular circular saw with the short track that is attached?

IIRC the modification that Karl and I made was for the parallel guides. That probably would not interest you unless you got the long tracks.

And FWIW Ron Paulk on YouTube shows a hack to eliminate using the parallel guides that Festool sells. He uses two modified versions of the circle jig for the jig saw.

Reply to
Leon

You've got two hands.

FWIG, there isn't a 2018 price increase on the Kapex, though apparently there is on the stand and outriggers.

Reply to
krw

Maybe because I've never met a Mafell tool? I wouldn't know where to buy one if I knew what they were and why they are so great (WTF is Mafell?).

Reply to
krw

The contractor version fits the regular long tracks. I would not buy one without also getting enough track to rip plywood.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Google it. They're pretty impressive..... and expensive.

Reply to
-MIKE-

OK, they're expensive. Where can I try them?

Reply to
krw

LOL, Apparently in one of the Timberwolf Tools stores in Chicago, IL or Newry, ME

If you live in Canada, ;~) Also in one of the Timberwolf Tools stores in Chicago, IL or Newry, ME

Reply to
Leon

There you go.

Reply to
Leon

Hummmmmm, Good point! :~)

I sure could have used it yesterday, I was cutting 3 boards to length at

70.375" That, as usual, was quite a bit hanging off the left end of the TS.

Not surprising, I have actually seen some items go down in price. IIRC the replacement MDF top for the large MTF work table went down in price a few years back. I really need to use my current "holed" bench top as a template to make more tops.

Reply to
Leon