What is it? (Amateur version Post #17)

Here is another post in my amateur ?What is it?? tool threa d. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size a nd how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox. L. Flynn

POST17_TOOL65. This wooden and metal tool is 7 inches long. A 1¼ inch diameter wheel is attached to one end. The wheel can rotate freely and its rim is ridged. I have hidden the manufacturer?s name and city but w ill give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.

POST17_TOOL66. This wooden and metal tool is 9 inches long. The business en d is 2½ inches wide and ends in six sharp 1-inch metal spikes. The tip s of some of the spikes have broken. There is a manufacturer?s name and model number stamped into the metal. I have hidden them but will give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.

POST17_TOOL67. This metal tool is in the pliers? family. The jaws r ange from 1½ inches when fully open to ¼ inch fully closed.

POST17_TOOL68. This metal and wooden tool is approximately 15 inches long. The metal part is twisted and shaped to form two hearts. The wire is stiff with little flexibility ? ½-inch displacement with 5 lbs. perp endicular pressure at the top.

Larry Flynn

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny
1 - Maybe a Screening Spline Roller, but I've never seen them toothed (not a sewing delimiter, leather stitch marker, pie crimper or ravioli cutter). 2 - Maybe a Carpet Weaving or Knitting Comb. 3 - Battery Terminal Pliers. 4 - Rug Beater.
Reply to
Iggy

replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote: I just remembered what #1 is, it's a Stitch Wheel Roller for interior tire patches.

Reply to
Iggy

ead. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox.

h diameter wheel is attached to one end. The wheel can rotate freely and it s rim is ridged. I have hidden the manufacturer?s name and city but will give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.

end is 2½ inches wide and ends in six sharp 1-inch metal spikes. The t ips of some of the spikes have broken. There is a manufacturer?s na me and model number stamped into the metal. I have hidden them but will giv e them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.

Hints: Briddel No. 60

[...]

All but one have been identified. Tool65 Everhard Tire Patch Stitcher (Can also be used for Leather craft) Tool66 Brindell No. 60 Ice Shaver Pick Tool67 Battery Pliers Tool68 Rug Beater/Cleaner

Reply to
Larry Flynn

replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote: Oh, an Ice Shaver Pick...nice one. Yeah, I didn't know that one nor even guess close.

Reply to
Iggy

November 2004 archive "What Is It" by Rob has an ice-pick-tool - a subsequent google search revealed scads of them - whole web sites dedicated to them ! Who knew !

What ever happened to Rob ? I really enjoyed his puzzlers.

Also - check out his other blogs here :

John T.

Reply to
hubops