What is it? (Amateur version Post #19)

Here is another post in my amateur ?What is it?? tool threa d. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size a nd how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox. L. Flynn

POST19_TOOL73. This metal and wooden tool is approximately 8 inches long. T here are 1¼-inch-diameter metal wheels attached to each end. The wheel on one end is tapered but not sharp, the wheel on the other end has a narr ow groove along its edge.

POST19_TOOL74. This plastic, metal and rubber tool is 10 inches long. The r ed plastic handle is connected to a flexible metal shaft. The business end is a 2-inch-long rubber piece. The end of the rubber piece has a 3/8 inch d iameter opening extending 1 3/8 inches into it.

POST19_TOOL75. This wooden and metal tool is 6 inches long. The wooden hand le is curved to provide a firm one-handed grip. A metal wheel is attached a t a right angle to the shaft and rotates freely. The 2-inch-diameter wheel has a 1¼-inch diameter raised hub ½ inches tall with 14 indentati ons along its perimeter. The shaft is bent so that the wheel is inline with the handle. The backside of the shaft opposite the wheel has four raised t abs in a rectangular pattern.

POST19_TOOL76. These plastic and metal tools are approximately 5 inches lon g. The red plastic handles are attached to 2-inch wire loops. The loops can flex a bit back and forth. The widths of the loops can be reduced without applying very much pressure.

Larry Flynn

This looks like something I might use to try to help get a spark plug into its proper threads on an automobile (an older one).

These resembles tools I have seen for "threading needles" of some sort. Begin by pushing the end of the wire loop through the eye, ...

Thanks for posting the pics; I really like this game!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Screen Spline tool

Reply to
Markem

Window screen rolling tool.

Just Wondering

Screen Spline tool.

Flexible tool to apply bolts or nuts while bending the shaft of the tool around an impediment.

Pie crust crimper

Some sort of tool for catching a rope, string or equivalent to pull it into another position.

Reply to
Roy

[...]

Answers (and same additional uses) have been posted for all four. TOOL 73 Screen Repair and Spline Rolling Tool TOOL 74 Spark Plug Starter and Remover TOOL 75 Pie Crust Crimper TOOL 76 Hair Threader/Puller Loops

Reply to
Larry Flynn

Challenge 76 - maybe it's the wording ? - .. it's a very common craft tool for beading and macrame.

75 - ? .. never thought a pie crust tool would look so heavy duty .. dunno.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Answer seems believable. But where I grew up, we had to put those pie crust marks (PCM) in with a fork if we wanted 'em. What will they think of next! ; )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

On closer inspection, I see it also cuts the dough to length.. That would be a time saver.

Reply to
Bill

both methods seen here :

John T.