Subject Author Posted Replies

OT visa MC refused in Holland no chip
This is definitely Off Topic My wife had to go to Holland for a week because of family illness. While there her credit cards were refused, because of an apparently new policy that American credit...
30
30

Woodshop Injury
The recent threads about tape measures reminded me of a serious injury I received from one not long ago. I was measuring a board about 6 feet long. When done, I pushed the release and the tape...
14
14

Source(s) for rosewood veneer?
I have a project in mind that's going to require about 10 square feet of rosewood veneer, and I'm having something of a hard time finding sources. Specifically, I'm having trouble finding sources of...
14
14

"Shortening" 3/4" plywood cabinets
I have two plywood "boxes" I built a long time ago. They have moveable shelves in them) They are maybe 22" wide by 20" deep by 27" high. All 5 sides (top, bottom, 2 sides, back) are 3/4" birch ply and...
42
42

Toy Blocks from Scraps
I just completed a project to make 50 rug loom frames from 15/16" thick kiln dried soft maple. I ripped a bunch of 6 foot long boards to 1 1/2" wide, then cut 43 1/2" and 24" long slats from them. As...
8
8

Speaking of tapes
That's why I keep the carpenter rules handy...
6
6

Tape measure deals
I agree totally about the idiot tapes. I bought one for one of my "always counting little marks" fellas. It didn't help him all that much and I can't stand to use it. I also don't like all the strange...
45
45

Thoughts, comments wanted about jointer knife settings
Hey Gang, I was reading over the knife setting section in the instruction manual for my jointer (8 inch Delta DJ20) and was a bit dismayed about the height specified. The manual recommends setting the...
12
12

3 1/2" circular saws
I am intrigued by the little 3 1/2 hand-held circular saws by Dremel and Wockwell. Anybody have one? Rockwell offers a 1"+ a hair depth of cut. I think Dremel is 3/4". Would have been handy on a...
1
1

Pin Nailer review.
I am about to add a pin nailer to my workshop. I have read a few reviews on the Internet. Most of the comments are related to the expensive Pin Nailers. Some review are pushing for up to 2" long pin...
30
30

Elite Home Inspection Dogs
After the recent apartment building inspection for bed bugs using a dog for detection, it occurred to me that there must be dogs for other types of home inspection - aka dogs that can find evidence of...

Exotic Would Like to Have Toy
don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But, considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would like to have just for the hell of it" category.
24
24

Cleaning up an old table saw
There's an old Craftsman table saw in the basement of the building my Dad h= ad his office in. It's probably 30 years old, and never saw much use. I'm t= rying to fix it up a bit to use it on...
127
127

Speaking of nail guns ... Second try
I few weeks ago I posted about my brad nailer leak problem. that thread one tip was to grease everything but, I first got a new head valve because the old one has damaged. It was like someone took a...
2
2

Poor quality Wood Screw, Flat, #4x3/4L, Zinc, Pk100
RE: Subject #4 x 3/4" flat hd screw. I'd expect at least 10%-20% failure rate unless you have the patience of Job. Lew
5
5