Poor quality Wood Screw, Flat, #4x3/4L, Zinc, Pk100

Bought these to tap the holes for the brass screws. PFC PRT # 00500

-0412 - 451, PFC LOT NO. (K) 16011301, MFG Lot No.: 950199 - 03

Total waste resulting in 3 broken off screws before I gave up.

Won't name the vendor since they credited my card w/o fuss for a grand total of $3.10. I'm never ordering from them again though.

Anyone know of a source for:

steel #4 wood screw flat head flat or square Robertson or Torx (_not_ Phillips) drive

William

Reply to
willadams

Doesn't McFeely have everything you need?

SonomaProducts.com

Well geez William, you want us to tell you a good source but will not tell us who you are having bad luck with. See we are on out own in that respect....

Mcfeeleys.com is who you want to look at.

Reply to
Leon

RE: Subject

#4 x 3/4" flat hd screw.

I'd expect at least 10%-20% failure rate unless you have the patience of Job.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Did they break in pine or oak? With or without a pilot hole?

Reply to
dadiOH

Screws broke off > Doesn't McFeely have everyth> Well geez William, you want us to tell you a good source but will not

Managed to find a pack of 10 made in the U.S.A. Phillips head screws from all the hardware I brought up from my Father's estate --- haven't broken the 9 I was able to drive --- now I just need to pick up the

1/4" screw extractor when Woodcraft gets it in.

William

Reply to
willadams