Wood Species

What species do you think this is? White Oak? Maple?

Hawk

Definitely NOT maple and certainly an oak.

Probably white altho somewhat lacking in the amount of flecked showing...but it could have been graded to have had them separated out.

Not impossible to be red, but would expect a few darker in such an area, but again that depends on source as to what would be rare/unusual/common mix.

Need some end grain up close to be able to say for certain.

Reply to
dpb

Rather ambiguous question, but I'll vote for white oak flooring and maple desktop

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

LOL.. I got a good chuckle from that one.

The side tables are what I questioned.

Reply to
Hawk

Top, legs, shelves or carcass?

I think the handles are metal. Not 100% sure.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Tops. Much of it is MDF.

Reply to
Hawk

My guess is White oak.

Reply to
Hawk

I can't see the edges, but I'd be very surprised if they used a thick slab of white oak on top of an mostly MDF carcass. From where I'm sitting I'd guess laminated particle board. Might not even be real wood laminate.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Oh. So much glare on those impossible to say much, if anything.

My first guess there was they were just laminate counter tops.

If it is actually veneered, could be most any white hardwood from what can see.

Reply to
dpb

I'm guessing that the manufacturer called it "fruitwood".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Sure looks like melamine / arborite to me - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Perhaps grey ash??

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Looks like a high pressure laminate imitation of maple or birch

Reply to
Clare Snyder

"termite spit" and melamine

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Dunno about that. I'm familiar with American white ash, green, blue, pumpkin, asian an a couple other ashes but never heard of a "grey" ash. Neither US FPL Handbook nor Hoadley have any such thing listed...

Most ash would be even more ring-porous obvious so I'm still leaning towards an oak. But, it's really difficult to be certain from just a picture.

Reply to
dpb

I have a similar little cabinet. Stuck it in Mom's estate sale. It didn' t sell and it's still at Mom's house. I'll look from the inside to see if I can discover something, if it's important to know. I had spray painted t he whole exterior a regal green.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Veneered top, looks like aspen.