Router Value

Can anyone help me find a value for this Bosch router. It's an older 1617 and I have yet to locate anything to determine it's worth. I don't even know the HP and if someone has that info, that would also be appreciated.

You can view the photos here >>

you

Reply to
SBH

Is that all there is? I have a 1617 that, I believe is 1-3/4 HP. My wife paid about $225 new for a gift but it had a separate plunge base, the wooden knob handles, etc. The one in the pic looks pretty well used. I doubt if it is worth $50 if it runs.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Is that all there is? I have a 1617 that, I believe is 1-3/4 HP. My wife paid about $225 new for a gift but it had a separate plunge base, the wooden knob handles, etc. The one in the pic looks pretty well used. I doubt if it is worth $50 if it runs.

RonB

As I Stated, it's an older model. Trying to find the value, I've seen the newer units with the big ear handles. It's a fixed based unit without a base plate and it runs very well. I bought a router table some time ago and the guy let it go with the table. It was attached to a base plate fitted for the table. He didn't know where the stock base plate was. I used it a few time to determine how well it works, but I have my own Freud for the table and my Hitachi for free hand. He provided a speed control extension cord, which also works well. Therefore, I don't need it and decided to sell it.

Reply to
SBH

or bathtub ring on the collet. I'd concur with the high-side $50 estimate. Maybe someone will want it for a table.

Reply to
krw

determine the HP from that. Be aware that most manufacturers polish the apple quite a bit when they list their HP ratings.

As far as value, if you got $50 you should consider yourself lucky. The speed control extension cord is probably worth almost as much. You can search eBay and check the completed listings to see what stuff has sold for. As yours appears well used and stuff is missing 1/3 of new would be nearing the upper limit.

RicodJour

I think the three replies warrant a good value at $50. Hell, considering it was technically free, it's an extra few dollars in my pocket.

Thank you

Reply to
SBH

Well Hell. You didn't say free! In that case it is worth a million dollars if it runs good. I noticed what looked like rust too on the collet. If it has been in a table that might explain lack of knobs.

BTW - Mine is a few years old but I love it.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Go to ebay, search on the model number, check "completed listings" in the menu on the left, and that will tell you what people paid for them.

It would be 1-3/4 horsepower.

Reply to
J. Clarke