Wood Gloat

No worries. I know what body parts I am in possession of and they are all female. :-)

I just had to switch my email address to a working one from a nonworking one.

Reply to
jaime

Yeah - you don't have to tell anyone that. It's ok.

Too much information.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Hmmmmmm...

Careful - that's where Silvan sits and he suffers an occasional spell of incontenance...

We'll be the judge of that. Post GIFs over on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking and we'll just have a little look see now...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Sorry about that, but glad you're back. Pull up a chair. I'm guessing, again, that you say it "Jamie" rather than "Himey".

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Yes. It is pronounced in that way. In fact it is spelled J-a-m-i-e on my birth certificate but I happen to like the look of the other spelling better. It seems more feminine to me.

Oh yes....thanks.

Reply to
jaime

If you think so. :-)

Reply to
jaime

Perhaps a collection for a supply of Depends undergarments would help him out unless that chair is waterproofed. :-)

There is too much cleavage in the one photo I have of myself. I wouldn't want to set off anyone's pacemaker. ;-)

You'll simply have to take my word for it.

Reply to
jaime

The first question is WHY. Most people here use a munged addy and have an working addy written out in their sig line so that the spambots have a harder time collecting the real addy. The ladies on the wRECk are very welcome and very competent, we'd be glad to add you to their number. Even if you won't comment on suckage. Your appreciation of good wood is, however, appreciated. %-) The confusion on the gender and addy is because, in some cases, partners both use a single addy and you can't really be sure which one you're talking to. There are also a couple of addys that are odd enough that you can't be sure which bender the person is, Bob the builder comes to mind.

If you do any turning, you may want to take a look at news:rec.crafts.woodturning as well. A number of the people her on both NGs.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

I have to disagree. We share what's going on in our lives frequently, at least as often as the subject is ON Topic. I'm sorry that the guy was a jerk, but it tends to be a common problem, donning my nomex. Now we're all curious about the pix, news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking please, our pacemakers will be just fine. %-) 'Sides if your a smallish brunette, I think we have a JOAT for you...

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Ah! I'm glad you decided to stay a while. The wReck can be a bit intimidating at first, but we don't bite.

Um, I guess this means that you won't be involved in the discussions of Robin Hartl's anatomy?

(Good save, Syl)

The wReck has often been compared to an old General Store. You know, with old men playing checkers in front of a pot-bellied stove, swapping stories (lies). You'll see lots of great stuff about woodworking, but also a fair amount of Off Topic discussion that interests the denizens here. So you may see threads about politics, woodworking, the econonmy, woodworking, tools, job hunting, woodworking, cooking, and maybe even woodworking.

Yes, I suppose the jabs, name-calling, and rehashing of past mistakes is a guy thing. It's just how we're wired, I suppose.

Indeed!

Reply to
Joe Wells

Dudette, chill out. :)

Gadzooks. You'd better be careful saying stuff like that around here. A lot of these geezers haven't had nice wood in decades, and they might get too carried away.

Probably some kind of knuckle dragging male bonding thing I guess, maybe. We are mostly males here, and mostly geezers at that. A few wimminz. We like wimminz, but you'll have to try not to be offended by some of the misogynistic anti-wimminz spewing that goes on occasionally (such as referring to you as "wimminz" for example). We are no more serious about that than anything else. (Well, generally. As with any other group of people, there are always genuine jerks, and there are some here too.) The main thing you need to fit in here is to be a tool user. It doesn't really matter what you're wearing in your pants. I know lots of men, LOTS of men, who are completely baffled trying to figure out which end of a hammer to use to open a can of paint, or how to drive a nail with a tubafore.

Fine then. That's much better.

Hamilton up in Kanukistan, presumably. Wherever that is. Like most Markinz I am geographically illiterate. (There's another Wreck-ism. It can be presumed from your email address that you are a Kanukistani. I OTOH am a Markin. Or Merkin, or, well, choose your particular permutation of this line of thought.)

Roger.

Just don't expect me to step out of character and start being serious again. :)

Reply to
Silvan

Nope. :-)

No problem. I don't mind off topic stuff.

yes I know. I had a recent boyfriend (now an ex-bf) who reminded me of this constantly.

Reply to
jaime

Why not? :-)

Spam doesn't bother me. I just delete it and the email addy I am using for newsgroups is not my ISP email addy so it is no problem.

Thanks. I've never done any turning at all but I will have a look.

Reply to
jaime

I'm a redheaded bbw in the process of becoming a smaller redhead due to a heart attack I suffered a few months ago.

I will consider posting the pic but I am not making *any* promises. :-)

Reply to
jaime

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 9:12am snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (jaime) claims: I wouldn't want to set off anyone's pacemaker. ;-)

Then e-mail it to me first, and I'll review it. No prob.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net writes: ...

Which end of the hammer *does* one use to open a can of paint?

Everyone knows you drive a nail with a shoe, preferably a high-heeled shoe. Those 4-inch spikes from the sixties would be the preferred model unless there are some 5-inch spikes around. One must consider the skill involved in hitting the nail head square on with that tiny spike (while using the flexible shoe body as the handle!). And some guys don't think women are skilled in wood-working!

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 12:00pm snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) claims: and mostly geezers at that.

I am not included in that description.

While I may be older than most here, a lot of those younger than me, are older.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

Careful Davie, the last time a wimminz offered to post a picture of too much cleavage, it turned out to be a shot of her husband's butt crack.

Reply to
Silvan

You've seen the pair of long johns I have where a certain posterior region has been completely eaten away, haven't you?

I'm glad I'm not that chair.

Reply to
Silvan

Is this a necessary requirement for women who participate on this newsgroup? I do not recall seeing that in the FAQS. :)

Reply to
jaime