Wood Gloat

My neighbor (who I now owe many beers) knows that I'm a woodworker. One day he comes over to tell me that his boss is chucking all this junk that he keeps stored at the machine shop my neighbor (Andy) works in. Andy proceeds to tell me that there is some rough cut Oak boards and some other wood about to be thrown away and asks if I want them (Duhhh). Of course I tell him that I want them. About a week later I drive up to my house and sitting in front of my garage are 6-7 boards of white oak, approx. 6/4 thickness and very heavy, and some funky red/rusty looking wood (approx. 30bft) that I have no idea what it is (I don't usually do anything but oak, ash, maple, and popular). I thanked him many times and the next weekend I take a hunk of the reddish board to my local lumberyard (Yukon Lumber) for I.D. The yard manger looked at my piece of wood and says. Hmmm, looks like you got some mahogany there. My jaw almost dropped to the floor. 30bft of Mahogany for free! So that's my gloat. Sorry for being long winded.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

Yeah. Just shut up, okay?

And... you suck.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Free wood is always nice. Especially when it is mahogany.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Well gee since you don work with mahogany "(I

Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

You're gonna love mahogany - especially if it's latin american mahogany (rather than philipine or african "mahogany". And if you work with hand tools - well welcome to heaven.

charlie b

ps - you suck (sorry, it's obligatory)

Reply to
charlie b