Wood Gloat

Jamie, just tell JOAT to pull his damned tongue out of his cheek, to get off his butt and to welcome you to the rec... (he's harmless, seriously!)

To tell me I suck, after I post a smug post as I did is a compliment (to me). The more "you suck"'s I get, the better I did.

...And I think I dun good!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Rob? You suck at sucking.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Welcoming me is up to him. In life I've learned you can never force a man to do what he doesn't want to do.

I think you did great too and am wondering what your plans are for the wood but I cannot bring myself to tell you that you s***. What do you propose on making with this wood?

Reply to
Jaime

Do you have some theological objection to speaking the truth? This guy sucks so much they need to modify the OED and put his name into the definition of the word. The only way he could possibly suck more would be if the whole mess had been black walnut, and someone had paid him to take it, and some little ol' widder wimminz had given him $50,000 worth of industrial iron for free to get it out of her barn and make more room for her cats.

Reply to
Silvan

I am sorry but I will not and can not say anything to anyone I do not wish to say.

I'm a beginning woodworker and enjoy the hobby very much. I came here to learn more because since highschool have always enjoyed working with my hands and love the way wood feels in my hands when I am making something with it. I love the way it smells when I am cutting it and I enjoy the pride I feel when I have made something nice by my own hand that I can use for myself or sell or give to friends.

I can find a Yahoo woodworking group to join. Sorry to have offended you.

Reply to
Jaime

Fri, Jan 28, 2005, 9:10pm snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jaime) states: I will consider that after I read the FAQ for this newsgroup. If there is one could someone point me in that direction please. Thanks.

Well, I see no one else bothered, so here.

is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Sat, Jan 29, 2005, 4:07am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@telus.net (Rob=A0Stokes) declares: That pile has to do until Sunday. That's when we get together and distribute it...where it will be taken to several homes, stickered and drooled on.. :)

Well, great Rob, the Woodworking Gods had thought you had forgotten them; but, I assurred them you'd come thru. Let me know when you're prepared to ship their fair share, and I'll provide the address.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Sat, Jan 29, 2005, 4:12am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@telus.net (Rob=A0Stokes) advises: Jamie, just tell JOAT to pull his damned tongue out of his cheek, to get off his butt and to welcome you to the rec...

Hey, I didn't unwelcome her/him. And, seriously Rob, you seriously suck.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Fri, Jan 28, 2005, 11:59pm snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jaime) says: Welcoming me is up to him. In life I've learned you can never force a man to do what he doesn't want to do.

If I don't actually "welcome" you, does that mean you'd think you're not welcome here, or what? I've no problem with you here, I figure that should be "welcome" enough, works with everyone else. But, If I've gotta specifically welcome you, then so does every one else, otherwise it's discriminatory welcoming.

And, if you think you can never force a man to do something he doesn't want to do, you must have never been married.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Sat, Jan 29, 2005, 5:52am snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (Jaime) claims: I can find a Yahoo woodworking group to join. Sorry to have offended you.

A tad senstive, aren't we? Yeah, you can find a yahoo group. Won't be as much fun as here tho. Unless you're one of the too tight people, that is. And, I doubt very, very, seriously he was offended, or anyone else.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

I hear Vito and Susan are looking for recruits...

Reply to
Joe Wells

What, you're not going to insist that he include six nubile virgins as additional offerings? You must be getting old. Um. The woodworking gods must be getting old.

Reply to
Silvan

Sat, Jan 29, 2005, 1:50pm snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) exclaims: What, you're not going to insist that he include six nubile virgins as additional offerings? You must be getting old. Um. The woodworking gods must be getting old.

Come now, they're not greedy, it's either one, or the other, not both.

Besides, four is the optimum number, not six. One would pick on you. Two would fight. Three, two would gang up on one. Four, they share the work, and peace reigns.

Anyway, it's only a small temple, so just one slightly used virgin will do them fine as a sacrifice.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Man... Jamie - take a breath. Nobody's picking on you. Surely you can discern a little humor? So it's not your chosen style of humor, I'm sure you can at least recognize the humor that others choose. Relax and hang around. There's plenty of good stuff here and there's plenty of not so good stuff. Just like anything else in life. You just have to sort out what you want and let the rest slide. And... don't take everything so dogoned seriously.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Jaime wrote: snip

Aw Hell, Silvan. Now ya went and scared (s)him off. Come back Jaime, Come back.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

I'm back.

Oh yeah..... I am a *she*. :-)

Reply to
Jaime

I didn't know it *was* humour but I reread the posts and I do now. I'm still not telling anyone they suck, however. ;-) Lots of good workworking info here I've noticed.

And for whoever said to me I was never married....I was married 20 years ago but he was an abusive drunk so I divorced him.

Reply to
Jaime

Sat, Jan 29, 2005, 10:55pm snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (Jaime) explains: Oh yeah..... I am a *she*. :-)

Thank the Gods. I was starting to wonder if we should be worry, what with an e-mail address what says "missjaime".

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Dude, chill out. You haven't offended anyone. We're *teasing* you. It has long been the practice here on the Wreck (ie rec.woodworking) to tell someone how much he sucks when he has a "gloat." The original poster in this thread most assuredly has a gloat. By telling him how much he sucks, we reaffirm how gloatable his gloat is, and make him feel all warm and fuzzy and stuff. It's all part of the Wreck culture, and things have been done this way for years. Getting told you suck is about the highest honor we can offer.

You are *not* obligated to participate in this silliness. Many don't. Loving wood and woodworking is a great thing. We all do. We also give each other a hard time. Like the way Larry Jaques is always ranting about the evils of staining walnut or using poly, and the way I'm always singling him out and giving him a hard time about everything for no particular reason. We're a bunch of smart alecks. JOAT is one of the smarteyest alecks of all, although I don't guess we've ever had a contest to determine who is actually the smarteyest aleck of all. Hell, it might be me. Or Larry Jacques. It's probably Larry. Definitely. Definitely Larry. See, there I go singling him out again, and somewhere in the Pacific northwest the guy is scratching his head and wondering what he did to deserve another assault on his character. :) (At least I finally learned how to spell his name right.) Anyway...

You walked into the middle of that, and we were trying to show you the ropes, so to speak, in a humorous fashion. You seem to have taken it completely the wrong way. So chill out, calm down, and hang out a bit. I've been online in one fashion or another for years (almost as long as there was an online to hang out in, but not quite), and I've hung out in too many different places to count. The Wreck is special. I think even if I sold all my wood mangling equipment tomrorow and decided to take up cat grooming for a hobby, I'd still hang out here just for all the discussion among friends that only tangenitally relates to wood.

Nobody can make you stay, and you're free to go as you please. Just please don't fly off in a snit because we poked you in the ribs. The key to this whole thing is that you shouldn't take anything too seriously unless it's safety. Republicans and Democrats, Christians and Pagans, young and old, male and female, Sawstop advocates and Sawstop detractors, shellac users and Minwhacks poly-izers, Normites and Royds, the one thing we all always agree on is the importance of keeping all your body parts in working order, and on trying to keep the red stuff inside where it belongs.

Reply to
Silvan

I'm a *lady* . :-)

I get *it* now.

Thanks for explaining it. It's appreciated.

I probably won't but I will tell a guy if I think he has some nice wood. :-)

Count me as one of those people too. :-)

Must be a guy thing (no offense to the male species btw)

Yes, yes I did.

I'll just take that chair in the corner. It looks comfy. :-)

The discussions look good. I've been reading them almost 24/7 since I got here (except for the few hours yesterday when I was at the Hamilton woodworking show)

I'm still here. Just don't call me a *dude* again. Geeeze. I am

*all* female. ;-)

Of course!! I agree with you there.

Works for me and thanks for explaining things.

Now onto more woodtalk. :-)

Reply to
jaime