Wood Gloat

Personally I use a flathead screwdriver.

You know, I have ruined more pairs of spiked heels doing that. :)

Reply to
jaime

Hah! I'm a nurse, you can't scare me with something that can't be projectile.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:08:32 -0500, the inscrutable Silvan spake:

That's "dudette" if you haven't already figured it out.

Tendjewberrymud.

There's a reason my nick is "C-less". -You- may have figured it out but your finners still hain't. "Look, Ma, no C!"

Freudian slip? I thought you said you were happily married, Silvie.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary

Dynamic Website Applications ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Actually I'd rather see pictures of her projects -- if she has any she cares to share.

rcook5

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 1:59pm snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (jaime) asks: Is this a necessary requirement for women who participate on this newsgroup? I do not recall seeing that in the FAQS. :)

No, but the Woodworking Gods agree, it would be a good thing.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 7:29pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com (Dave=A0in=A0Fairfax) claims: Hah! I'm a nurse, you can't scare me with something that can't be projectile.

Best be carefuld with rash statements, a couple of times in Nam I swear I could have "projected" 30 paces.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 1:59pm snipped-for-privacy@canada.com (jaime) asks: Is this a necessary requirement for women who participate on this newsgroup? I do not recall seeing that in the FAQS. :)

Hmm, now that the Woodworking Gods and I have thought abou this a bit more, we feel it's best to go on a case by case basis. We don't want to receive a picture of Silvan in drag.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

Reply to
jaime

I have a few of some cutting boards I made (got the plans from one of Mag Ruffman's websites) but my computer refuses to download them from my camera and I cannot sort out the reason why.

Reply to
jaime

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:13208-41FBAB2C-478@storefull-

3151.bay.webtv.net:

So just what _are_ your responsibilities, as representative of the woodworking deities? Besides the virgins thing, I mean?

By the way, Jaime, almost everyone is welcome here. It's that kind of (virtual) place.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I don't doubt it a bit. I just wasn't worried about getting sprayed by a picture. As for the real stuff, I'm home and I ain't answering my beeper. %-)

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

It's a trick question. You use the head of the screw that's poking out of the top of the handle. The screw that's taking up the slop where the wedge should be.

Reply to
Joe Wells

Sun, Jan 30, 2005, 4:16pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.dot.net (Patriarch) wants to know: So just what _are_ your responsibilities, as representative of the woodworking deities? Besides the virgins thing, I mean? I'd tell you, but then the Woodworking Gods would curse you.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

The correct side. Duh.

You go girl!

Reply to
Silvan

That's good, because somewhere around here is a shot of me one night when I was a bit on the abbreviated side (ie hammmmmmmmered), and I decided to play rock star like that red hot chilly pepper guy I had read about on TV. It's a shot of me with nothin' but a sock and an electric guitar.

I can't believe Wal-Mart actually printed that one.

Anyway, it's here somewhere, surely, in this pile of hundreds and hundreds of prints I have from my big photographer wannabe days, and I'll dig it up if pressed. So don't press too hard if you want to keep your lunch down there in your belly where it belongs. :)

Reply to
Silvan

Tell us more. You're talking to a fairly large number of ex-computer professionals, some not so ex. What kind of camera, what kind of computer, what software. Is the camera configured as a external drive, or does the software HAVE to be used to get the pix? If it's an external drive and you're using winders, does the camera show up as a drive using explorer?

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Now *that* IS too much information...

That could spoil even a good man's taste for cleavage.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:3085-41FD68D1-106@storefull-

3156.bay.webtv.net:

Evidently they already did. Saturday, what was supposed to be a 'cruise past this new quilt shop - they won't be open' turned into a 90 minute, $75 minor fabric acquistion thing. And I had a table top and legs to cut, another piece needing sanding and color coat, and wanted to play on the lathe for a while.

I turned out the shop lights at 11:00 pm. The sewing machine was still running in her workroom at 2:30 am...

Patriarch, evidently not the gods' best friend...

Reply to
Patriarch

err, uhhh. is that good?

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

No idea. Perhaps a bed, or maybe a front door, or ......

so much wood, so few ideas :)

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes