Now This is a Gloat! (kinda long)

A couple of weeks ago I received a bill from the Department of Revenue for back taxes on the last 4 years worth of cigars that I had purchased via the net, for the tidy sum of $3,800 (ish), (more than I had spent on cigars after interest & penalties). As SWMBO wisely pointed out though, this was the perfect catalyst to give up cigars!

I submitted the whole affair to my attorney and braced for a fight and a bill. I don't know what he said/did but last week I got notice that the fines and tax had been abated and the whole matter was dropped. My attny sent me a bill for $0.00 and a note saying that he would rather me spend the money in the wood shop as he knows that he would get more use from his fee there (kind of a "community" shop). ....the gloat...Grizzly called yesterday and said they would be delivering a new 14-inch, 1 1/2 horse bandsaw Thursday that the attny ordered, (we'd been talking about upgrading for a while). As I review my day...

- Quit cigars...

- Got out of some huge bullshit tax bill...

- Attorney didn't charge me...

- New bandsaw...

- An Attorney paid for it... GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT!

Life is good!

Schroeder

Reply to
Schroeder
[sni]

And to think that Bush wants to introduce tort reform and put these guys out of business. [g].

Reply to
Wes Stewart

You either didn't read the post, or don't understand tort reform.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Smile on a woodworkers face..............priceless!

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

You obviously didn't note the "[g]" at the end.

But since you threw in your bait let me say that, yes, I did read the post and yes, I know what Bush is trying to do with "tort reform" and I don't like it. That no doubt will put me in the minority here, but it's not an unusual circumstance, with which I can deal.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Saw it, but it was vague enough in it's specific.

Fair enough. Someone's got to clean up the pile of crap it's turned into, so I guess the guy who rolls up his sleeves and gets full of it, gets to pick how he does it.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Based on his [g] I'm pretty sure Wes was joking an we can make no determination of his understanding of to tort reform nor it's use in this case. Ergo lighten up.

That being said ... wait for it.... wait for it .... Schroeder you suck :)

Allen

Reply to
Allen Epps

Wed, Mar 9, 2005, 12:42pm (EST-3) f@f (Schroeder) outrageously claims: - Attorney didn't charge me...

- New bandsaw...

- An Attorney paid for it... GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT! Life is good!

OK, way I figure, if you're not just trolling, it's one of the following: You live in another universe. The attorney is laundering money. You're married to the attorney. You're blackmailing the attorney. You're holding the attorney's family hostage.

OK, I give up, how'd you do it?

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Perhaps he is waiting for someone to chop their right hand off with it?

-j

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:42:15 -0800, the inscrutable "Schroeder" spake:

MegaKudos, kiddo. You suck.

--Socrates + Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques