Is this a gloat?

My definition of a gloat:

I didn't have one. Now I have one. I have to tell someone.

Works for me. Gloat on, Wayne, Gloat on, Garth.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I've built a new greenhouse and was looking around for some material for the sills when a friend of mine told me he had some cypress he couldn't use that I could have. The cypress turned out to be ten foot planed 6x8s and I got six of them, which he has nice enough to load for me with his forklift. On the way out, he remembered that there was a little more, so he threw in another five six-footers for me to use as a porch rail. The only problem with any of it was a few pecky areas on the outside - cosmetically a problem for his application. Total cost: 0.

I'm not a regular here. Is this a gloat?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Hinshaw

And you wonder _why_ that hurricane just made a hard left turn, and is headed

*directly* towards you?

That's a big enough "you suck" to affect the weather!

congrats!

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Your'e not really going to use it for sills are you? Sounds like you could get some great outdoor furniture out of that.

Maybe you need to hang out here for a while so we can help you decide what to do with it.

Reply to
Montyhp

Well, given that definition ...

I picked up a metal file handle at an estate sale yesterday. I'd never even seen one before. It's cast iron, hollow, with an "open grid" pattern on the handle to reduce weight. There's a place to put the rattail of a file (or anything else) and a thumbscrew to tighten down on it.

If nothing else I can quit buying a wood handle every time I buy a new file.

Oh yeah - it cost me $1.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

How often do you find owners of STDs interested in telling people about it?

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Careful with that definition...sounds like a STD!

Reply to
George

Used it is. Cut and installed. I put on a warm peach preservative stain first. Looks great. But there's plenty left over for some truly massive porch rails.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Hinshaw

Now, don't go changing terms on me...you said that they HAD to tell someone, not that they WANTED to tell someone...

Reply to
George

My understanding is that most people with STD's have to AND want to tell someone about it (eventually). However, the person they want to tell is usually a doctor, not a bunch of woodworkers.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

A braggart. Or someone who has nothing better to do.

Reply to
Leslie Gossett