Well I've never done that before

I suppose all of us at one time or another have managed to install the blade backwards on our tablesaw and wondered why the hell the thing wasn't cutting worth a damn, but I've never had it happen on my bandsaw before. I was uncoiling a 1/4" blade from storage and somehow I managed to get the thing turned inside out, and it never occurred to me to check the direction of the teeth while installing it. Come ON, no blade could possibly be THAT dull!

Be careful out there. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

either.

Reply to
Larry W

I'm blaming it all it on Mike. I cut the birds mouth in the wrong place on six rafters this morning ... just what the hell was in that Christmas Ale?? :)

Then again, it may have been that Texas Red Tongue Oil ...

Reply to
Swingman

He will not be the last either.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Steve Turner wrote the following:

Why didn't you just turn the bandsaw around and feed from the other side? :-)

Reply to
willshak

Did you do that last night at about 8 o'clock during your beer gusseling session with your other buddies? :~)

I was invited but lacked the proper equipment and was therefore dismissed with a laugh. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Was he drinking Sam Adams Christmas Ale??? so was I, and ended up with a heck of a head ache.

Shiner Holiday Cheer is pretty darn good considering it is not a stout.

BTY I am currently hooked on Buffalo Bills Blueberry Stout. Yes Blueberry!

Reply to
Leon

That would be upside down, that kind of backwards. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:37:05 -0600, Steve Turner

Not a bandsaw, but I've experienced essentially the same problem. I was trying to drill a hole sight unseen under a desk sight in the process of running computer cables. I couldn't understand why it was so difficult to drill. After ten minutes, I decided to run down to the store and buy a completely new drill bit and tried it again. Still the same problem. It took me well over half an hour with a whole lot of cursing and swearing to realize that I had the drill in reverse. I really am an idiot sometimes.

An no, never experienced the reversed tablesaw blade problem.

Reply to
Dave

You guys didn't notice that caps had been "reapplied?" :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

The voice of experience, Leon? :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

We missed you. Get a webcam you technophobe. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

Noooooo.....

Reply to
-MIKE-

I had a headache this morning too (which is when my bandsaw was making fun of me), and I only had that one Christmas Ale! I agree with Karl; it's Mike's fault. I mean who in their right mind would turn a bandsaw blade inside out?

Reply to
Steve Turner

I put a ribbed condom on inside-out once. The word "churro" comes to mind.

You're telling me....

Reply to
Theodore Edward Stosterone

I did that on my circular saw. I am a lefty and bought a porter cable left hand saw many years ago. I needed to put a ply blade on to cut up a couple of cabinets I got sitting by a curb. I needed to cut the toe kicks out to put wheels on the bottm.

Be> I suppose all of us at one time or another have managed to install the

Reply to
tiredofspam

Yeah, and flip the plug in the wall if it was going the wrong direction, too.

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That must have hurt, putting it down your urethra like that. What'd you use, a .22 pistol cleaning rod? YEEOWCH!

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey, I have big shoulders... if it helps you save face. :-p

FWIW.... 1st time I got a blade that was "flipped" like that, I dang near called the company to complain.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Saw the bottle last night! ;~)

Reply to