Gloat never to be

I read the want ads under "Machinery/Tools" looking for a possible good deal. Tonight was the night.

Moving Sale

10" table saw with two carbide blades, dado blade $100 or BO Drill Press $20 or bo New wood turning lathe $35 or bo 6" Jointer $35 or bo and more

I figured I can get a good buy and add a jointer and lathe to my arsenal. So why am I say a gloat never to be? There was no phone number or address in the ad! I'm hoping it repeats tomorrow with corrections.

-- Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

usually will give the info so they don't have to re-list, as many havea free re-list policy.

Digger

Reply to
Digger

Maybe a troll is taking out classifieds?

Reply to
Igor

Some diabolical guy was just teasin' ya.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Either that, or it's all stolen. Those prices are just *too* good. I let my no longer needed 10" DP go for a ridiculously low price just to get rid of it (and to find it a new owner I approved of... can't let my babies go to just anyone, even after I outgrow them), but I wouldn't settle for less than $50.

$35 for a lathe? FOR A LATHE???

Nah. Someone is just evil, that's all.

Reply to
Silvan

The ad appeared again today with the phone number. The tablesaw and workbench are still left. If the bench is still there on Monday, I may take a ride to go get it. He says it was built from plans, is solid oak with a

2" top, has vices and benchdogs. For $50, it would be worth it just for the wood.

He sounds like an older gent and he is moving to a smaller house with no garage. He has not done any woodwork in a couple of years. The bench could be worth the 150 mile round trip though. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski