What is Home Depot like on Black Friday?

I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

HD usually opens before DIY'ers get out of bed ... go early.

Reply to
Swingman

The operative word is "usually".

On "Black Friday", stores around here open at 5:00AM.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I think it was Tom Watson who stated:

Sounds like a good project!

Buy it tomorrow, then.

I'll be spending the day on Friday cleaning out and sorting stuff in my Man Garage where I wrench on motorcycles and make stuff from wood.

Reply to
Don Fearn

I dunno about Home Depot, but I do know about the Bluewater Bridge from my hometown to Port Huron MI...you just don't go near it on Black Friday. Bizzzeeeee. A trip that normally takes me 10 minutes max, can take 2 hours+ The bridge is here: Google earth:

42=B059'56.47"N 82=B025'24.86"W

At 25,000 ft alt, you can see my house in Sarnia, ON and Home Depot in Port Huron MI I'm not sure how high you have get to see Lee Valley..*smirk*

Reply to
Robatoy

I have found that the best time to hit HD is at the dinner hour.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

You obviously know the problem. You also know the possible solutions. Pick one and go with it. When spring comes, the grass will grow by itself. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Swampbug

Here's what Home Depot will have on sale Friday. Might give a clue how big the crowd will be.

ZenCueist

Then don't leave the house to go anywhere until at least the middle of January.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

Go EARLY, in the first hour.

When I really have to go there, it works for me.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Ugh! Grunt! Me build 'em fire! :)

Reply to
George Max

Today is Wednesday. Pick it up after work.. Around 6 or 7 pm, it's not crowded at all.

Personally, I think you're insane for even considering buying a routine, non sale item on Friday.

Reply to
bf

I think it was George Max who stated:

George understand. GOOD George.

Reply to
Don Fearn

Don Fearn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Just watch out for that tree.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I have gone to stores like Target in late afternoon or evening on Black Friday and crowds aren't a problem. I would go to Menards or Home Depot later in the day Friday without any concern about crowds.

My local Menards is sometimes so crowded on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon that I have to drive around and around just to find any parking spot, no matter how far from the entrance.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

less crowded than a typical Saturday morning.

To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com

John

Reply to
John

I did South Ft Myers Ace, HD, Lowes and Fergusons on Friday (looking for a brass fitting that was unobtanium).. All of them were a nightmare.

Reply to
gfretwell