Users of Nfilter with Gravity please read

If you are using Nfilter/NewsProxy with MicroPlanet Gravity, future updates to my TrollFilters may make your posts invisible to anyone using those filters. There is unfortunately no way for me to avoid this if I wish to be able to filter out certain "trollish" posts.

However, the problem *can* be averted with a simple setup change in Gravity:

Click Server | Properties, then the Posting tab. Clear the checkbox next to "When posting Gravity should generate the message-id for the article". This will cause your posts to appear with the name of your newsserver in the message-id header, instead of the name of the Nfilter proxy server (localhost or 127.0.0.1).

I apologize if this places an undue burden upon anyone. A couple of recent posts make me think that there may be another turdstorm soon, and I'd like to batten down the hatches in advance of it.

Doug Miller

*and* any followups to them -- sorry for the omission.

Doug Miller

No burden at all, Doug: particularly since your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Kim

Reply to
Kim Whitmyre