email spoofs going on regarding the rec.woodworking.all-ages vote

Anyone who receives what appears to be an email from regarding the rec.woodworking.all-ages vote should know now that I am not and have not sent ANY email to ANYONE regarding the vote.

There's some serious bullshit going on.

If anyone recieves a message about the vote appearing to be from me, please forward it to me WITH FULL HEADERS.

Thanks.

djb

--

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sat, Oct 23, 2004, 2:54pm (EDT-2) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca (Dave=A0Balderstone) I am not and have not sent ANY email to ANYONE regarding the vote.

We all know that's a flat-out lie, and you're just trying to set up an alibi to cover your ass.

ROTFLMAO I got mine a bit ago. Don't worry Dave, one look at it told me it wasn't from you, but some dork troll. Or, would that be troll dork? LOL

JOAT Eagles can soar ... but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Reply to
J T

Dammit, now I have to clean beer off the monitor AGAIN!

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sooooooooooo, how do we know this is from you?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I'm *right here* Keeter.

Geez...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Kinda like Christ being among us?

A'yup.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

???

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

!!!

This is kinda fun.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

UA100 responds:

Not really. I just got the exact same message, this time from some anal aperture pretending to be Greg Millen.

Charlie Self "When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary." Thomas Paine

Reply to
Charlie Self

Yeah, I just got the same one.

What's interesting is that the troll seems to be personalizing the subject line... Mine was "Hey Dave, Your Usenet comments" I assume yours was "Hey Charlie, Your Usenet comments"?

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

You might have kf-ed Mike Zuchick. Lately, his posts begin with the announcement that "Christ is among us!"

Doug Miller

I did that a LONG time back.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Dave Balderstone asks:

Yes, this time. It was not when the DJB pretender was at bat.

Otherwise, if memory serves, the messages were identical, including telling me to get off my f**kiing high horse".

What I weigh, I would just step off as the horse died.

Charlie Self "When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary." Thomas Paine

Reply to
Charlie Self

Mine was "from" Dave, and the subject was "Your vote for the (groupname). So whoever it is, is wasting a bunch of time doing this manually. Yup, I think Vito and Susan are going to have a busy time.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Izza Dogma Thing w/ us (ex)Catholics. Just gotta believe...

Reply to
patrick conroy