The best email company out there.

I think he was SPAMMING !!!! It looks like the Internet Police will be knocking on his door tomorrow!

Reply to
Paintedcow

...this is definitely the answer to all your problems!

Reply to
bob_villain

No, I just thought this was one of the funniest pages I've seen.

I'll give extracts.

Mailinator is fundamentally quite different from other services. Other services let you "own" email addresses. Not here - at Mailinator all email addresses are owned by everyone. All email is public. Also, email services like Gmail or Yahoo allow you to actually send email - Mailinator is "receive-only". You cannot send email from Mailinator. After several hours, all email is auto-deleted. There is no real security here.

Mailinator provides less, but requires no sign-up.

So Mailinator solves the Spam problem?

Heck no. If it solved the spam problem it would probably be called IBMinator or MICROSOFTinator or something even catchier cuz we would have sold it and we'd be zillionaires off pursuing our real dream of helping nice people like Dr. Bahutu of Nigeria who keeps emailing us asking for our help transferring some funds.

Um... if there is no password, can't someone else get my email?

Well to start - it's not your email. All email in the Mailinator system is "public domain". Anyone can read it if they know where to look. You can choose odd-names to avoid heavily used inboxes.

This sounds pretty insecure, what if I want to send important emails with sensitive super-secret information in them to Mailinator?

Then you are a stupid-head. That isn't what this is for.

What is Mailinator's official privacy policy?

The official policy is something like:

Mailinator's Privacy Policy: THERE IS NO PRIVACY

Expect that any email you send or have sent here can and will be viewed by anyone. Mailinator/ManyBrain does not ask for or require any of your personal information. Simply put, anyone can read anyone else's email here. By design, there is simply no way to insure only you have access to any given email.

Privacy is a serious issue, and we want to be clear. The inherent design of how Mailinator works precludes any possibility of information sent here being private to any user.

We got it all! Well, not all, but lots of great features.

Reply to
Micky

I can see a purpose for it. Eliminates all the potential future crap when you give a site your email address.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski