quack quack.help with duck calls

Hi All,

Looking for info and specs for turning duck calls. Any help to get me going in the right direction would be appreciated.

Dan

Reply to
dan cordes

This may help:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Dunno, Jack. What that mostly tells me is "if you don't know how, forget it"

I don't see how that helps the OP.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Thanks Jack,

That'll be a good starting point for me.

Dan

Reply to
dan cordes

OK, I stand corrected.

;-)

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Try posting in rec.crafts.woodturning too.

Doug Miller

The right direction might be news:rec.crafts.woodturning since you want to turn them. Just a direction. Don't know how, myself, sorry, someone, or more is likely to though. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in Fairfax

I don't know anything about them myself, but looking at the link provided, it seems like they might have a lot in common with voicing a pipe organ. If you can't find much information on tuning the call, you might check that out as another source of general information. Of course the reed will change things, but it may give you some interesting leads.

Reply to
Prometheus