TS Circuit -- Part 2

That's a broad statement. Yes, some junk comes from China but look around you. Asia takes in a lot of countries. Who has been making the best camera equipment, sound equipment and some medical devices and equipment for the past few dozen years?

I've been in my industry for 46 years. We've bought tooling from the US, Germany, Austria, Italy. The best is now coming from China at 2/3 the price and half the lead time.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Did you think differently? American automobiles are built elsewhere too. Some Buicks are built in China and only sold here.

Not like those saws at all. The internals are totally different than the brands you listed above. It looks nothing like the others saws on the inside. The trunion slides straight up and down on two large steel dowels.

Those gears for tilt and raising the trunion are an inch and a half in diameter.

I'm not too confident in the quality and reliability of

Ignorance is bliss I guess, Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Acura are Asian products and pretty much at the top of the hill.

Reply to
Leon

More likely, they'll be replaced by USB connectors.

Reply to
krw

Hmm. Are you comparing SawStop to a Buick? ;-)

AFAIK, Acura is a NA-only brand (of Honda). They don't sell them in Japan, anyway.

Reply to
krw

Not at all but Buick is getting good ratings these days. Just saying country of origin does not dictate quality or the lack there of.

Interesting to know! And mostly built here.

Reply to
Leon

The Anderson connectors look to be more of a connector intended to be left in tact, ie. most electrical connections in vehicles. They may be a PIA to hook an accessory up to on a daily basis.

The ones I saw look more like a more secure version of the old automotive spade connectors.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news:A92dnc2hrtp3fu_FnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

They're rated for 10,000 connect/disconnect cycles, and take approximately 3 lbs of force to do so. For a 2-position PowerPole block, the force rating is probably true. For a larger block, it's a little harder.

One of the problems we constantly experience with cigarette lighter plugs is they come out so easily. PowerPoles still connect and disconnect readily, but won't come apart with a tiny tug on the power cable.

I haven't ever tried them with something heavy hanging off the end like a power converter, so I don't know how they'd handle that situation.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Ick. They were always your grandfather's car and AFAIC still are, even though I'm alost 65. ;-)

Marysville Ohio (NE of Columbus).

Reply to
krw

Actually they have that figured.

Run a small, high voltage wire to under the dash. Attach through fuse and confuse customer with odd numbering. Take the fuses line to a power block - contains a switcher in a block (swap out) and the block produces

5, 6, 12, 14, 28v..... have three or so blocks of different colors and they produce various voltages - e.g. for back seat of the drivers - for the local computer / game console. Another to the xxx for USB and other charging. It can supply high current or simply reference voltages. Just modules to plug and play. Kinda like large fist size or thinner - power pack. Even supply the 12v socket.

Might have to supply a 12V to high voltage for the boost a battery.... (switcher use in reverse).

Mart> >> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Is there a class of machine that is foreign and others are local ? Or are you looking at foreign made for foreign markets ?

I looked at the 3hp 230v and 13 amps.

Mart> On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 5:26:45 PM UTC-6, Spalted Walt wrote: >> >> SawStop

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

The transformer that feeds 240v to my domicile has 22kv on the primary side (fed underground).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Guessing everyone but you knew what I meant when I wrote Asian. Japan is e xcluded. China and similar countries are Asian. Kind of like saying Europ ean. Some think Germany and Switzerland. But Turkey and Slovakia and Hung ary and Poland are European too. Same quality?

I have many Chinese products. Or Asian. The computer I am typing on is pr obably Chinese. TV too. They seem to be OK quality. But not what I consi der the best of the best quality.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Ok, Samsung, Hyundai, Genesis, Powermatic Is that close enough for you? ;~)

Well you get what you pay for. If you don't buy the best that a country offers you are ignorant to what is available.

Reply to
Leon

And when you can buy a car that says "Delphi Motors" on the front then the industry will give a crap what bullshit "Delphi" is trying to sell.

Bolt runs on 350v, Volt runs on 360, Tesla runs on 375. All have 12v subsystems to support various accessories. The notion that 48v is of some great advantage in building hybrids and electrics has little contact with reality.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Won't get there before he's gone.

Reply to
J. Clarke

trust the SawStop safety feature to even work when I needed it. A safety saw that cuts your fingers off.

The Japanese made a cult of quality.

The Chinese and Taiwanese not so much. They can make stuff as good as any Japanese or American company. The key word is _can_. The trouble is that they'll make the cheapest thing that meets the letter of the contract, so it's up to the purchaser to specify exactly what they are to make in sufficient detail that they meet the required quality standards.

Sawstop doesn't pretend that their saws are American made. That doesn't mean that they are poorly made or of low quality--Gass is an aggressive lawyer by training and experience so it's a fair bet that the contracts are airtight. Of course one can hope that he spends the rest of his life in a Chinese court trying to convince them to get his supplier to take the fall for some famous pianist or some such cutting his finger off (not that I wish ill on pianists, just on Gass).

Reply to
J. Clarke

Just about all Intel or AMD based computers are you know, including HP, Apple, and formerly IBM.

The machine I'm using now most people would consider to be fairly high end--all Chinese except the CPU and chipset which were made in a US fab and then packaged somewhere offshore.

High end TV sets these days are typically Japanese or Korean although they may be screwed together in China.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Obama's CAFE standards may not be around long, either.

Reply to
krw

I was going to ask if any are Japanese anymore but I guess Sony is still around. The other name brands are all Korean.

Reply to
krw

Panasonic...Power tool and probably some TV's, at least in the last few years.

Reply to
Leon