Truck Rental

I took the capital loss in 2002, as the company was officially defunct (assets sold to American Airlines in bankruptcy) and the stock was untradable.

No. That's the intrinsic value of the shares which is part of the loss.

No, It was E*trade. The only fee was the commish on the purchase.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I hope you got actual stock certificates - make nice wall-paper - or toilet paper depending on your outlook.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Nah, you're the type. You *certainly* aren't happy. You can't learn. Your English is poor. You are full of bullshit. You have "lefty" written all over you.

Have fun!

Reply to
krw

i7 3770 3.4ghz - I bought the top available at the timewhile I was able to write it off for business figuring it would be more than adequate for my retirement requirements.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Don't feed the troll"

The floor is yours forever in this thread.

Reply to
Markem618

Right. You have no grasp of the English language. Responding to me, you're telling *me* not to feed the trolls. By doing so, you called DD a troll. It really is a simple English conversation, which you obviously don't understand.

Yep. Leftist. Everyone's a bigot.

The sequence isn't in doubt, dummy. You're English comprehension is. Actually, it isn't since this is the second time you've been schooled on the language and still cannot learn. Like a leftist - willfully and terminally ignorant.

<deleted useless text>
Reply to
krw

Don't feed the troll

Reply to
Markem618

Get a room!

Reply to
J. Clarke

Don't feed the troll

Reply to
Markem618

Convention? No, the English language. Responding to me was, in effect, talking to me. You told me not to feed the troll (DD).

Smarter than you, obviously. At least I understand some of the English language.

No, you didn't, moron. You said DD was a troll by telling me not to feed him.

That's what you lefties do. No surprise.

<deleted more redundant text that simply proves my point>
Reply to
krw

You've just called J. Clarke a bigot. Nice.

Perhaps you should stop trying and get an English text. Come back when you learn something.

Reply to
krw

Oh my you really are stuck on stupid, it ain't english I have a problem with just you stomping and insisting, I am right, I am right, I am right. You are not right.

Of course you brought out the big guns of insult, but I do not care about your opinion. Not true either.

So you are just a stubborn obstinate foolish bigot.

Reply to
Markem618

Prior to this, I've only used the same resolution on 17" CRT monitors and smaller, back to my first computer in the late 90's. I suppose it's what I'm used to. I don't do any kind of computer aided design (CAD?) or photo editing. I've seen friends with larger monitors, but it looks like way too much to look it to me. I like that I can see my whole screen basically by just looking at it.

The issue being that I couldn't use my optical drive, or transfer data to older computers. Most of my older Windows software would not be compatible with such a device. I don't know how they are now, but the last one I saw years ago, only held 32-64 GB... they were very "cloud centric" and not very good for local storage.

Reply to
Michael Trew

I probably should have gone bigger at the time knowing that I planned to keep the computer for a long while. As is, however, it seems to work fine, so I don't see a need to change anything.

My processor was slightly older at the time, but still relatively new. I searched for a long time to find the deal I did, $90 in original open box, with the Intel cooling fan included. The very same processor that I have is a dime a dozen on eBay now... well under $20 each in reality. I guess that's just the way it goes.

Reply to
Michael Trew

Oh well, guess that's the way it goes.

Reply to
Michael Trew

hehe

Reply to
Michael Trew

I *AM* right you twit! When you respond to a post it's the same thing as talking to that person. You told me not to feed the trolls. which implied that DD was a troll.

You don't care about facts, either. No surprise. Lefties are all the same.

You're never right, but that's a known.

Reply to
krw

We have one, thanks.

Reply to
krw

So did I in the 80s. Text-only too. However software and applications have become a little more sophisticated since.

Network. Chromebooks have USB and 4GB of memory. They're perfectly usable PCs, though slow and small. Yes, they're intended to be net attached but don't have to be. I like (but haven't followed) Clark Howard's advice and get a Chromebook _only_ for financial transactions. Their design is perfect for security as long as you don't pollute them with other applications, random connections, and other side doors.

Reply to
krw

Yes, 32-64GB of SSD. That isn't much but an external drive or even a thumb drive fixes that. Both are dirt cheap.

Reply to
krw