Started out to be "Inexpensive jointer"

Well put.

My sister-in-law retired last year after teaching 30 years and said the above, almost word for word.

We have had a number of conversations in the past couple of years and I asked for her opinion, in as few words as possible, about what was wrong with our public education system. Her one word reply:

Parents.

Reply to
Swingman

And I agree with that. I usually had ear muffs, so when I was right beside a running machine, they would be on, but then when I was trying to communicate with a student, they would be slid off, at least one ear. A mistake on a running machine can still be heard, clearly, if you know what you are trying to hear.

Reply to
Morgans

+1. "Nuff said.
Reply to
Morgans

But some kids barely have one...

Reply to
Bill

What do you mean "BUT"?? That is the problem, the parents. Every child has parents, that is how they were created, absentee or not. It is not the responsibility of the teachers to do what the parents, absentee or not are, are suppose to do. Throw the absentee parents in jail.

Reply to
Leon

What if they are not around??? ; )

Reply to