"Screw it!"

Don't get excited, that's just what's on the little sticker, along with a logo, in every box of GRK plastic decking screws. They're really nice trimhead screws with a torx-type drive. I've used about 400 of them and have yet to have to replace a bit. Anyone who has ever used #1 Phillips type trimhead screws knows that it can take several bits to get one screw home. I've been using them to install T-111 siding. The only problem is that when the top material is thicker than 1/2" or very hard, like oak, they don't work so well. There is a reverse thread at the top of the shank, I guess for holding power, that prevents the materials from being drawn together. Does any- one know of this type of screw that comes with a bare shank at the top?

Reply to
BUB 209

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com:

Do you have a McFeeley's catalog yet?

Reply to
patriarch

Haven't even seen that one in the john at the shop.

Reply to
BUB 209

Reply to
Pat Barber

In the WHAT at the shop???? jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

the part number you need in the print catalog, enter it in the search area and voila, you are taken to the part you want. Goes pretty darn quick.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita