Freud customer service

I recently had a Freud 1/4" straight cutting bit (smallest of the undersized plywood bit set) break apart in use while routing mortises in 3/4" plywood. Fortunately no injuries or major damage - the bit had only been used once before and was not being "pushed" too hard.

I'd had the but for almost a year and couldn't find the receipt - but emailed Fread customer service on a SAT afternoon and had an answer back the same night. They told me to send the bit back and said they'd replace it (once they'd checked to make sure that it had not been mis-used). I sent the bit back and had a replacement within the week.

Nice to see "true" customer service once in awhile.

Reply to
Walsh

Great to hear the googd news on Freud. Nowadays you call custumer service and get someone from India who barely speaks English and has no clue . Kudos to those companies who still believe in good customer service it makes a difference to me as to which product I choose. I have the freud router , Dado blades , saw blades and and some router bits and love em.

Reply to
dteckie