Saw blade choice for home-built saw guide

I just built a home-built saw guide. The final step is to saw off the excess using the saw. I have to use the final blade I plan to use with the guide (because of the kerf). I will mostly use it to rip and crosscut plywood. Should I use a combo rip/crosscut carbide tipped blade or a plywood blade? This will be a dedicated blade.

Reply to
dan

I'm not a big fan of plywood blades. Use a thin kerf carbide blade. The saw guides are so easy to build and take up such little space that it's not a problem to have more than one.

RicodJour

"dan" wrote in news:481ca73e$0$3392$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

If they're different thickness blades, use the one you plan to use to make the cut. That way, you can be sure your guide will be accurate. If you're cutting plywood with a blade not designed for it, just go slow and give it time to cut.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

That's my plan - hence the blade choice. Both will work for plywood, but what would be the best blade to use? Perhaps the combo blade would not be good enough for finish work? I'm making cabinets.

Reply to
dan

I build my guides double sided.

Side "A" is for the saw. Side "B" is for a router and a 1/2" straight bit.

The saw cuts it, the router gives me two good sides.

**
**

B A R R Y