Re: FWIW - OT MESSAGE HEADERS

They had the problem about solved when the administrative law judge advised the DOJ (under Clinton) that MicroSofts monopoly was far worse than the retributions sought by the DOJ. The DOJ then appealed their victory, saying the judge had no right to do this. It is the only time I have heard someone appealing a law suit after getting MORE than they asked for, appealing the decision and asking for less than they were awarded. Something this lame had to cost Gates a bundle. He of course has a bundle that he has stolen via his illegal monopoly.

Reply to
Jack Stein

They were already convicted, and reached a settlement with the DoJ.

Maxwell Lol

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

I didn't read his cite, but "convicted means proven guilty. Microsoft was already proven guilty of illegal monopoly in a court of law. I reckon it was the Sherman anti-trust laws he has been breaking for years now, but no matter, we have all seen the results of what can happen when a ruthless twit owns a monopoly and uses it to force crapola on the general public.

con·vict Audio Help (k?n-vi(kt') Pronunciation Key v. con·vict·ed, con·vict·ing, con·victs v. tr. 1. Law: To find or prove (someone) guilty of an offense or crime, especially by the verdict of a court:

Reply to
Jack Stein

Well then, your moronic complacency about Microsofts illegal monopoly and how it has been mostly detrimental to the computing community at large is underwhelming and nothing more than a testament to herd mentality.

Moreover, your ad Hominem attacks do nothing to bolster your position, even amongst us dumb ass woodworkers.

Reply to
Jack Stein

"Jack Stein" wrote

As a dumbass woodworker, who enjoys a good off topic discussion from time to time, finds your scathing, arrogant manner totally uncomfortable.

As a dumbass woodworker, I just don't know any better you know, the only way I can escape your relentless vitriol, is to killfile you.

As a dumbass woodworker, I just don't see any alternative.

Lee A Dumbass Woodworker

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Ohhh, I don't know, Lee. There are dumb ass woodworkers and guys like you and I and many others who aren't dumb ass woodworkers. Jack Stein put himself in the dumb-ass category, I don't think he put anybody else in there with him. He could be there all by himself...but that's unlikely. And I don't see you as dumb ass.

Robatoy

Ohhh, I don't know, Lee. There are dumb ass woodworkers and guys like you and I and many others who aren't dumb ass woodworkers. Jack Stein put himself in the dumb-ass category, I don't think he put anybody else in there with him. He could be there all by himself...but that's unlikely. And I don't see you as dumb ass.

------------------------------

Uhhh..., Robatoy...., adjust your sarcasm meter.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

***>>BUZZER
Reply to
Robatoy

You should.

Guilt or innocence is not a factor in civil proceedings, so Microsoft could not have been "convicted" or "proven guilty" in the cited action. True, the original trial court ruled for the DOJ, the plaintiff. However, the findings of the trial court were overturned on appeal and remanded for retrial. The suit was then settled prior to trial. So essentially, the contention that Microsoft has been found "guilty" of anything in a court of law is not supported by the cite.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch