Moderating rec.woodworking

The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation, after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted here.

Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Reply to
robert.mcclenon

Now why would you do a stupid thing like that?

" snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
toller

I seriously doubt you are going to welcome the feedback you get regarding this. Particularly since this appears to only be the second posting you've made to rec.ww, the other posting was also participating in a thread dealing with creating a moderated woodworking group.

Why in the world do you want to do this?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Just sod off and get a life.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Ok. Here's mine. Please stick your self-rightous head up your butt and waddle out of here.

Reply to
mp

Here's some early feedback for ya:

Joe Wells

Wed, Jan 12, 2005, 10:14pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.zzn.com ( snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net) trolls us with: The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation, after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted here. Thanks, and feedback welcome.

Another day, another dorky troll.

JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

- =A0Dale Carnegie

Reply to
J T

You will have your opportunity to vote.

None of that matters when submitting an RFD. I have been a very long time lurker, and lurkers rights are equal to posters rights on Usenet.

This house is a mess; time to clean it up. I will submit the RFD within

24 hours. Voting will start about 21 days later. I have a *very* good feeling that the vote will pass, and that I will become the moderator of rec.woodworking by next month. I suggest you start being a little nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the RFD process.

Bob McClenon snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
robert.mcclenon

this sounds familiar...

Reply to
Jack

FOAD!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

" snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Take a woodstick and a knife, or take a hobby.

ijsman, The Netherlands

Reply to
warm he?

We've seen this crud before. By the way, the person you are trying to bring some grief, Bob Mcclenon from the UK, is from verizon.net, NOT verizon.zzn.com.

TROLL

---------------- A friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you, saying, "That was ****ing awesome!".

Reply to
Groggy

Sounds like someone wants to look important. Unfortunately for him that does not make him qualified to moderate this group.

Reply to
Roger amd Missy Behnke

The above threat that you made establishes that you are not fit to moderate a newsgroup. Moderating is not the same as blocking people because you carry a petty grudge against them. I suggest that you petition to form a new NG called rec.woodworking.emperor_mcclenon where you could openly wield your threats and rule with an iron fist. That way your impact on rec woodworking will match your contributions to the group. I encourage all readers of rec.woodworking to forward a copy of Mr McClenon's threat to the appropriate people at usenet post haste so as to have the RFD rejected as an attempt at power seeking.

George Anderson

Reply to
George

I got your feedback you friggin troll. Didn't the last exercise in this demonstrate we don't want you kind here? Isn't there some other friggin liberal cause you can go champion besides annoying the rest of us that don't want your magnanimous attention?

Reply to
Knothead

Oh great. Another one of the great saviors of all things messed up. Maybe you'd be better off if you didn't even bother to lurk, let alone post, if this place bothers you so much.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Hmm... I'd give you around 25% chance unless there is some sort of cheat-the-vote process I'm not aware of...

...Make that 2%. Although I like the idea of a moderated group, I suggest starting a brand new group to do so. With that last statement, I doubt many will support you beign the moderator. Moderation takes clear, emotionless thought and the ability to judge a post for its content regardless of whether you think the looney who wrote it is an oxygen theif or not.

Reply to
Joe

" snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

If you would like, I will be your campaign manager to support your cause. Of course not here, maybe rec.BOBisKING.

Reply to
Ray

Excellent! For too many years this group has been full of so much filth! What according to google groups, here are some word distributions:

woodie: 245 (my god, it seems like a favorite topic. pervs)

stroking wood: 23. Ok, not *so* common, but more then enough to be worriesome, especially for impressionable young children!

cross dressing: 26 hits. I am seriously worried. I just wanted my kids to be lumberjacks, and now the little punks are dressing up like women and hanging around in bars!

dressing wood: 67 hits. 'nuff said.

You are absolutely right. And I didn't even cover glory hole (22 hits), pole sucking (1 hit), greasing wood (6 hits).

What a horrible, horrible place. Clean it up, please!

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

On Thu 13 Jan 2005 06:28:00a, "Knothead" wrote in news:cs5pgg$7mc$ snipped-for-privacy@news.doit.wisc.edu:

Actually I thought he looked more like a conservative.

Reply to
Dan