Re: Das Glasperlenspiel, Eristic, Elenctic, Sophistry, et al.

You have seen the Glass Bead Game played within your own confines. >

> And, although I may feel that to be an adequate description of those > involved, I would like to see them attempt to better themselves, if > only in the interest of quietude. > >

HUH?

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

(pssst... norm....over here.................you keep him occupied and I'll try to steal his bong and thesaurus.... okay???)

Reply to
Robatoy

And, when you've bumped up your hit, it's better to post on usenet than fire up your power tools.

Reply to
root

Maybe you could do the same to the guys he's ranting about. Then we can=20 all be happy... lol

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

well... we don't have to open posts by people who annoy us, eh? Personally, I like to stoke the fires under some clown who, in his own mind at least, is absolutely convinced that he has no position and doesn't want any of us to have one either..LOL (Not talking about the OP here.) What a screwed up life, without the rewards of learning new ideas and concepts, to be convinced that you absolutely know everything. What could be more boring than living day-to-day never wanting to try something new, learn something new, make a mistake..IOW..... grow.

The brainwashed windbags who regurgitate the spoon-fed propaganda, are usually quite funny to me for a while... then, because there's nothing to learn from them, they becomes boring.

I have turned off all my filters and kill-files because I can resist opening a posting from a person who i KNOW will bore me.

On Topic... have you had a chance to play with some of materials?

Reply to
Robatoy

Nope!

But the hunt for (woodworking) content is becoming a strong time=20 investment...

I have no problems with positions. Missionary _can_ be boring though...

Hunting through the posts of those who...???

Well yeah -- and then you have to winnow... and winnow and winnow and...

Same here -- but sometimes the quantity is overwhelming...

Finally have the stuff on the bench. Been working on several projects=20 that hit between the time we originally discussed the stuff and the=20 arrival. The house fix-up, trim projects, lamps and clocks, jewel=20 box... (See pictures on the site if you like.) All time hungry and time=20 demanding.

Been dealing constantly with an on-again off-again house sale. Then I=20 can put the stuff in the new house if the sale is on again today...

Will be trying the stuff between glue-ups on the last committed project. =

Now that I have the right blades!

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

Not the bong!!!

Every once in awhile it's fun to go over and piss in the fire while the resident Political Scientologists are having their circle jerk.

Those dudes are living proof that evolution can be bidirectional.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

HL Mencken

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

I'd be interested to know which blades do it for you as I am licking my chops to get a band saw.

Reply to
Robatoy

On 6 Sep 2005 21:54:50 -0700, "hylourgos" scribbled:

You guys are giving adolescent immaturity waaay too much credit.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Be mindful of the wind direction.

again:..Be mindful of the wind direction.

Reply to
Robatoy

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:07:54 -0700, the blithe spirit Luigi Zanasi clearly indicated:

I've never figured out why Tawm and others continue to cater to it by quoting and posting to all their crap on a daily basis.

------------------------------------------------------------- give me The Luxuries Of Life *

i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online

Larry Jaques

Interesting thought. I must try my scroll saw blades on the bandsaw. lol

Actually I have scroll saw and bandsaw blades now that should work...

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

And that is Usenet in a nutshell.

Mencken is my hero.

Chuck Vance (and that too is Usenet in a nutshell)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

... and one of my favorite Menckenisms: Love - The delusion that one woman differs from another.

Reply to
Swingman

Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody may be looking. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

A crapload of wierdos said this:

That was hilarious.....

So what are we all doing looking at a thread with this subject? (I only got attracted by all the replies)

I've been a lurker for most of the last 10 years or so...only rarely comment on those things I have first hand knowledge of.

The amount of useless crap here has been out of control for some time now, however there is still a LOT of topical skill and knowledge that comes here, but it is getting to be a smaller and smaller percentage of the total posts. I'm sure this 4 day old reply will just get buried under all this volume to be read my pretty much nobody...oh well back to lurking :)

It's too bad there isn't an equal/better alternative out there. Steve Jensen Abbotsford B.C. snipped-for-privacy@canada.mortise.com chopping out the mortise. Surfing along at 19200 bps since 95. BBS'ing since 1982 at 300 bps. WW'ing since 1985

Nothing catchy to say, well maybe..... WAKE UP - There are no GODs you fools!

Reply to
Scorp