Perhaps seperate group for INSPIRATION posts.

Lucky me! :-)

Reply to
larrygfox

Well, this newsgroup is big, maybe even classified as "huge." But it's amazing the majority prefer it that way. Occasionally, I appreciate JOAT postings and any thoughts by others who have an inspiration or wood design thought. Wood can be shaped into just about any crazy idea. For the most part, I'm a "traditional" woodworker, but enjoy seeing something out of the ordinary at times. Creating more groups means more unwanted crossposts. The only reason ABPW makes sense is that this newsgroup is strictly a non-binary discussion group.

Reply to
Phisherman

You asked for input and I provided it. I see it as a selfish request, for something you could trivially work around.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

And everyone has said (some gently and some harshly): since it is trivial to group them as it is, and to ignore them if they are not of interest, why bother with moving them?

Reply to
alexy

Wed, Jan 19, 2005, 6:12pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Dave=A0Hinz) offered: JOAT, if you'd like some webspace to put your links, in addition to posting them here, I'll get you set up.

Thanks Dave, but no thanks. I don't save 99.9% of any links I find. For any I want to check later, I normally cruise the archives.

JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get.

- Albert

Reply to
J T

Well Dave is our local self appointed net nanny. I have been here for 4 or

5 years and when he came on board a few months ago he was suggesting how I should post. I still post as I wish.
Reply to
Leon

Wed, Jan 19, 2005, 10:32am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says: And I think the site would get traffic.

OK, let's vote on splitting the group. Rec.woodworking, and rec.woodworking.JOAT.

Will it be moderated? LMAO

JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get.

- Albert

Reply to
J T

I'm glad you brought it up. We've been looking to make a couple of changes here and have a moderator for the group. We need a volunteer for the spot. Are you interested? If so, just mention it and we will vote you in. Most of us agree on having a moderator, but we're just not sure how to go about it.

I hope you can and will help us.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Mind if I harvest 'em from the archives and stick 'em on a page, if I get bored? Full credit to you and all that...

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Oh, grow up for Christ's sake. The guy made a suggestion and few agree with it. Fine, he realizes it, so let it be and you stop being an obnoxious prick.

Reply to
Upscale

Wed, Jan 19, 2005, 9:19pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Dave=A0Hinz) wonders: Mind if I harvest 'em from the archives and stick 'em on a page, if I get bored? Full credit to you and all that...

ROTFLMAO Harvest away. None of them are mine, just links I ran across. Don' need no steenkin' credit.

JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get.

- Albert

Reply to
J T

I kinda like the idea of a separate area for plans. Don't get me wrong though, I certainly don't mind JT's inspirational posts as it is now, and i do take the time to look at most of them. But there are many people who inquire just about plans and I'm sure many more of us who have many plans saved somewhere on the hard drive that could potentially be posted. (I know if I unloaded all the plans on my hard drive, it'd probably "tilt" a server or two!) It may complement a.b.p.w. as well. One could say "here's what i built, plans posted at rec.plans" or something. I guess I'm all for sharing as many resources as we can, and keeping them as easy to access as posssible. --dave p.s. keep up the good work JT.

Reply to
Dave Jackson

This one keeps coming back from time to time - kinda like herpes.

I like checking out JOAT's stuff - some of them are funny - some of them are dumb - some of them are cool.

I can tell you this much for sure - JOAT's gonna keep on doing what he does no matter what anybody else thinks - and that's what I like about the man.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Do us both a favor and killfile me then, wouldja? Thanks awfully. Guy wants the world to change for him; I provided several ways he can get what he wants without a useful resource being taken away.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

There are pile's o plenty in this group.

Reply to
patrick conroy

Personally, I like JOAT's stuff right where it is. This group is a bit like eating chow mein - you can encounter just about anything in it, and that's part of what makes it good.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

While we are on the topic of INSPIRATION, does any one have the link for the pointy stick? :^)

Reply to
joeD

*wiping screen and keyboard*
Reply to
Robatoy

*waving*

"FRED!!"

"Over here! I can see your house from here!"

0¿0

Rob Sarnia, ON

PS. I know a shortcut to a Lee Valley store. 55mins, tops.

Reply to
Robatoy

JOAT...thanks, man. I appreciate what you're doing for us. I think Larry does too.

0¿0

Rob

Reply to
Robatoy