Recommended lube for Rockwell wood lathe headstock?

Greetings,

I have a ca. 1950 Rockwell woodlathe with no manual and would like to know what lubricant is specified for the headstock taper roller bearings? There's a spring lid oil filler on the top of the headstock casting. Any help appreciated. I'm thinking 90wt.

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
tom_monson

probably a bit heavy. 30 is probably more like it.

what's it say in the manual? I bet there's one over at

bridger

UTF

Reply to
George

Thanks Guys,

I couldn't find my answer on owwm; however there were references to leakage of oil, and switching to grease (I'm hesitant to do this). BTW, what is "UTF"?

Thanks,

Tom

George wrote:

headstock