Prayer funiture.

I need to make one of those pieces of furniture you might see a nun use in an old movie. It is about waist high with a small slope at the top to rest hands on while praying.

Does anyone know what they are called so I can look for a pic?

I haven't gone all religious in my old age, my theatre company is doing "Agnes of God" and I have to make the set and props.

Thanks

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

Prayer rail.

Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

Many folks have these in their homes, here in south Louisiana. The French/Cajun culture call them Praydeurs (kneelers). I make donated items for the Sacred Heart Academy's Conje Festival and have made one a few years ago. I have pics I can send you.... I have yet to learn how to post pics on this format's picture center.

Reply to
Sonny

Yep -- they're called prayer kneelers. Or "prie dieu".

e.g.

Doug Miller

The correct spelling is "prie dieu" (pray to God). Not a flame, just a correction for the benefit of anyone who wants to Google the term.

This isn't a binary group. You can't post pics here. If you try, newsservers will strip them off anyway.

Woodworking pics can be posted at ABPW (alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking) or ABPF (...furniture).

Reply to
Doug Miller

LOL ... you gotta be from there to appreciate that Sonny was giving you the typical Cajun patois plural: spell it like it sounds and add an "s". ;)

Apparently it's getting pricey to pray in style ... or maybe it always has been?

Reply to
Swingman

LOL. I know a few words and phrases, since I've heard them often enough. Otherwise, I don't speak or know French, so I didn't know how to correctly spell prie dieu....but I can make one! Thanks for the correction.

Reply to
Sonny

Thanks all,

Sonny's pics arrived and arte all I need to build one. Now all I need is a director without a God complex!

:)

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

"I'm sorry, my Father's busy. May *I* help you?"

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Hehehehe

I always explain to people new to the theatre that there are three types of people who work putting on plays. The actors who are the show ponies of the world ("Couldn't that spot thingy up there be a bit brighter when it shines on me?") The Directors who get their 'vision' straight from God ("I don't care if that doorway has nothing to screw into, it has to stand there all by itself and not wobble when actors slam it!") Then there are those like me the techs and support staff who work hard supporting the delusions of the first two.

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon