Perhaps seperate group for INSPIRATION posts.

My primary source is uni-berlin. No binaries.

My secondary source is what Comcast provides, which I believe is Giganews. Good retention on binaries.

My tertiary source is TeraNews. Unpredictable service but is free (although I believe they have instituted a low one time fee since I signed on with them).

I've really never had a problem getting through to the Wreck on uni-berlin on the road, although, as you have experienced, there may be a problem with providers who use password protocols that don't get along with the hotel interface. This also happens to me when I try to access Giganews or TeraNews at work.

When this happens I get an error message that I can't defeat.

HTH

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Oh, one more thing - I assumed you were using broadband at the hotels. You weren't using dial up by any chance were you? I've never had a problem with dialup to my ISP from anywhere - I just can't stand to use it, especially when some of the hotels charge $1.00 for each phone call. More and more of the hotels are going all wireless. I use earthlink at home and they simply will not allow you to access newsgroups in any manner unless you are on their network - impossible on the road unless you dialup. Ptooey!

Bob

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

I carry around an AOL Trial CD as an emergency backup but the places that I stay in are mostly on broadband. Plenty of hotels don't charge for local calls and AOL has that pretty well covered.

Sometimes I carry a Sprint Cellular wireless card that plugs into the PCMCIA slot but the throughput is usually slow.

I have a lot more problem maintaining a connection to our remote ERP interface when I'm on the road than I do with the Wreck. It's Axapta, and if you work for a company that is thinking of using it - tell them not to bother.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

bluemax1811 asks:

Long time ago. Check the names people call Microsoft and AOL for examples.

Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush

Reply to
Charlie Self

How hard is it to go to the Advanced Search page, and type the word "inspiration" in the block, before you click on Search?

Doug Miller

Why don't we each have our own NG, and that way there will never be any disagreements! We can just all sit around and talk to ourselves!

Reply to
Larry Bud

Almost instantly. Need convincing? Visit

and ask the self-styled "Guardian of Software Morality" himself (requires a strong stomach.)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

"Larry Bud" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

There are those of us who do not need newsgroups for that.

Coth

Reply to
Cothian

Especially when the tea cups are so small, oops, here comes another wave.

Let's just say it wasn't such a hot idea and drip it, okay?

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

Don't take it too personally. A while back there was a particularly obscene and persistent troll that was attacking JOAT for no logical reason I could ever see. It got quite bad for a while and I suppose folks here may be a little quick to circle the wagons if it seems like someone might be starting that up again. One of the troll's favorite things was to post a complaining response to every one of JOAT's inspiration posts. So, you hit a little close to a sore spot there.

Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck

Reply to