OT: Merlot

Considering the recent invectives flying about this NG recently, I put = forth this little bit of mirth in a effort to Cool youse guys down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BOTTLE OF MERLOT=20

A man asked a waiter to take a bottle of Merlot to an unusually = attractive woman sitting alone at a table in a cozy little restaurant.=20

The waiter took the Merlot to the woman and said, 'This is from the = gentleman who is seated over there.' and indicated the sender with a nod = of his head. =20

She stared at the wine coolly for a few seconds, not looking at the man, = then decided to send a reply to him by a note. =20

The waiter, who was lingering nearby for a response, took the note from = her and conveyed it to the gentleman.=20

The note read: 'For me to accept this bottle, you need to have a = Mercedes in your garage, a million dollars in the bank and 7 inches in = your pants'. =20

After reading the note, the man decided to compose one of his own in = return. He folded the note, handed it to the waiter and instructed him = to deliver it to the lady.=20

It read: 'Just to let you know things aren't always what they appear to = be, I have a Ferrari Maranello, BMW Z8, Mercedes CL600, and a Porsche = Turbo in my several garages; I have beautiful homes in Aspen, and Miami = , and a 10,000 acre ranch in Louisiana . I have over twenty million = dollars in my bank account and portfolio. But, not even for a woman as = beautiful as you are, would I cut off three inches. Please send the = bottle back.'=20

~~~~~~~~~~~~

P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

"PDQ" wrote

SWMBO is still laughing ...

Reply to
Swingman

If one is to be off topic, is not this infinitely better than politics?? P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

Wine & women.... yah, you betcha.

Reply to
Doug Miller

An oldie, but still rates a smile.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yeah, but why only 3"?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It may be an oldie, but have we not all said somewhat the same at one = time or another??

Anything more and we would all know "he is lying".

P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

Now THAT's off topic in the best possible way - and it's about wood !!!

OK - who does he vote for?

Reply to
Bored Borg