Gaze upon this mountain of debt and despair all who toil under it.

Lady liberty holds down her torch and is dumbstruck by the sight.

Reply to
Nathan Rothschild

Wow, that is an excellent video that puts things in perspective....

Reply to
trader4

Imagine if each and every 315-million Americans (every man, woman and child) were given a single $100 bill each week-day by the US gov't.

Five clean, fresh Benjamins every week.

For each of the 52 weeks in a year.

For 2 years.

If you stacked up all those $100 bills, you get *exactly* this prison of money surrounding Lady Liberty.

$16.369 trillion dollars

Which right now is the Federal Debt Limit - and where the federal debt currently stands.

This is federal debt only. Add state and local debts to get the total public debt.

--------------------

So where is all this money?

Why isin't it circulating?

Reply to
Home Guy

Because it's piled up around the Statute of Liberty, dumb ass.

Reply to
trader4

So let's look at our "charge card" statement...

What all have with purchased in the past with that $16 Trillion dollars?

What are we continuing to charge on our "charge card"?

Reply to
Bill

It is in the posession of the 500 richest people in America. If you divided it all up and handed it out, in a week some people would have nothing and some would have ten times the amount.

Reply to
harry

Hey I know, the government can kill all the wealthy people, take their stuff and give it to "The People". Of course the rulers must have big villas, limousines and huge private jet planes to compensate them for the hard work they do running the country. We must put on a good face for the rest of the world and have a proper setting for meetings and dinner parties for the other world rulers. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas