Clearing Error 27 on Canon PIXMA MP190

Does anyone know a way to clear error E27 (ink absorber full) on Canon MP190? I have cleaned the ink absorber. Turned the printer off and on, using various code-clearing procedures online with no success. E27 always returns.

Below are some steps I have tried with no success.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

*** None of these below have worked for me.....

Press and hold the "Power" button and reconnect the power cord. When the printer comes on, release the button. Wait five seconds and push the "Power" button again. This resets the printer's internal memory and overrides the "Ink Absorber Full" error code.

===

If your absorber is full, call Canon at 732-521-7230 to order the replacement pads for the ink absorber.

If you do not have access to new ink absorber pads, you can extend the life of your current pads by rinsing them thoroughly and allowing them to dry before reinstalling them.

To replace the pad:

1 Open the printer as though you were going to install new ink cartridges, letting the cartridge cradle move to the center of the printing unit. Unplug the printer so that the cartridges will remain in their position.

2 Locate the waste ink absorbers in their black rubber frame. They will likely be on the right side of your printer, and will be located underneath the area where the ink cartridges rest when the printer is in standby mode.

3 Use a paper napkin or other disposable and absorbent material to soak up any excess ink that may be in the pads by pressing it down onto the top of the frame.

4 Pull the rubber frame free from the printer, wearing gloves to keep your hands clean. Carefully remove the ink absorber pad or pads from the rubber frame.

5 Insert new ink absorber pads firmly into the rubber frame. Replace the rubber frame in its original position and close the printer.

6 Hold down the power button, then plug the printer back in. Continue holding the power button down until the printer begins to reset itself and come online.

7 Wait for the green power light to turn off, then press and release the power button again. It should blink for two to three seconds, then stay lit; this will indicate that the printer has been reset and is ready to print again without errors.

===

try this.. it worked on my MP190

  1. Start with printer OFF
  2. Hold down STOP/RESET and then hold down POWER
  3. Release STOP/RESET (don?t let go of the power just yet)
  4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
  5. let green light blink until print head has finished moving.

i have had try that command, it was working at first, but if you turn off and on again the problem still persist.

===

CANON MP190 Reset Waste Ink full canon

  1. Enter SERVICE MODE. By pressing Menu Copy Scan Copy Copy (My note: There is no "menu" button on this printer MP190)
  2. Select TEST MODE.
  3. Select [8] PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE.
  4. Select 3. [EEPROM CLEAR].
  5. Select 0. [INK COUNT].
  6. Press the [Set] key.
  7. Press the [Stop/Reset] key (returning to the state of
3)), and then press the [ON/OFF] key

After reset manual now remained the reset permanenly using

Guv Bob

Ink might have leaked down beneath the pads.

I'd remove them and let everything sit overnight to make sure the area under the pads are all dry , then repeat the reset procedure.

Reply to
philo

You might try a more appropriate news group!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I sometimes use Q-tips and 91% rubbing alcohol to clean out areas of printers and would try cleaning out the holder for the ink pad and squeezing ink out of the pad in an attempt to reuse it. I'm guessing that the ink could be slightly conductive and there could be sensing electrodes in the ink pad holder that could be covered with ink and cleaning them could but the printer back in operation. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes, that is very probable...I use rubbing alcohol in my workshop for cleaning electronics.

Reply to
philo

I only buy the 91% because there is less water in it and it evaporates much faster. When I was doing some work for a great electrical engineer who designed and built industrial control systems, we used MEK to clean the circuit boards. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hi, Not using Freon?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Do any of the major printer makers have Win2000 drivers for their new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up

Reply to
Guv Bob

Hi, If you can't Google and find 2000 driver, XP driver might work.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If it has fumes of any type I won't use it. Rubbing alcohol is safer I'd think.

Reply to
philo

yep my Samsung Laser has drivers back to win2k

Reply to
philo

No need to clean circuit boards with toxins. Just throw a little TSP in a dishwasher and let it do the job.

Reply to
krw

Some folks used R11 to clean circuit boards but that was about 40 years ago before anyone was concerned about murdering cute little ozones. R11 was a great cleaner and HVAC system flush. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Get real the cost to develop and test drivers for extremely old O/S's 14 years old does not seem like a win for the companies. Quite the opposite. You running something so old is your problem.

You keep an old system for reasons that are yours, but the manufacturers only go back one or 2 releases at most.

Lets see you missed XP, Win2003(server), 2005 server 2008 server, Vista (crap) and Win7 pretty good. Win 8 is out now.. Count how many versions you missed..

Reply to
woodchucker

You've had good luck. No USB printer I have bought is backward compatible.

Reply to
Guv Bob

new machines? Even if the old OS computer only make up >

manufacturers

2000 works fine for everything I'm using except this printer problem which will be solved soon.. I have a Win7 DVD and never saw a real reason to install it.
Reply to
Guv Bob

Reply to
sms

For anyone else bumbling along like I am, here are some good links I found for Canon MP190 and similiar models.

When instructions say to press the RESUME button, there is no button called Resume on MP190. They are talking about the button with no label that looks like like an upside down triangle.

If the instructions for MP190 say press "Menu", they are confusing this model with the MPC190. No Menu button on the MP190. Turns out a lot of people were copying and reposting these instructions online and they don't work for MP190.

Resetting Ink Absorber

unter-reset/
ll-message/

MPC190:

ter-reset/

Canon PIXMA IP1500 Waste Ink Tank Counter Reset

k-counter-reset/

Canon "S" & "i" Series Waste Ink Tank Counter Reset

counter-reset/

Good video that works for resetting MP190 ink absorber:

Turn off printer with POWER button. Hold down RESUME button and then press and hold POWER. Keep POWER held down and release the RESUME button. Press RESUME twice. Release the POWER button. Green LEDs should now start flashing. When green LEDs are solid, press RESUME four times. Note: It is important you press RESUME exactly four times as more or less will cause the printer to perform a different function. Press POWER and the printer should switch off, if not simply press POWER again. Turn your printer back on and the counter will now be reset.

Resetting various models for Low Ink Error:

Canon Reset for IP1600, 1700, 1800 MP150, 160,170,190,210. 460,470 MX300,310 Cartridges, 37,38,40,41

After replacing cartridges, if printer prints right away, it is still in low ink mode. When low ink warning comes up, press and hold stop/resume button for 5+ seconds. E31 displaed. B&C will be flashing B will go out. C keep flashing Hold 5 more seconds Both flashing while resetting Printer will self-clean and print OK until ink is out

Waste Ink Tank Cleaning iP1000. Good photos but hard to follow: For iP1000

For iP1500

Guv Bob

If your machine is old enough to have come with Win2k it is very unlikely that Win7 will work on it.

Reply to
philo

Hi, Unless OP uses W2000 for just basic things, most new things won't run on it. I know there is people still using DOS too, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang