canon Pixma printer

I'm tearing my hair out and this is my last resort. My Canon Pixma G650 is locked in copy mode. I've tried all the solutions offered on the internet to no avail. This is apparently a Canon pronblem of long standing.

Anyone any clues ?

Angle grinder / (I'm tempted

Reply to
fred

After a bit of internet searching, the answer seems obvious. Burn it with fire. Buy a laser printer. ;-)

Sorry, no help whatsoever but it looks like a long-standing issue with many Canon printers that Canon have either no interest in or no inclination to fix.

Just never buy Canon again.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Is there not a factory reset system. I know some printers/copiers have a special button sequence when powering up for this. I suppose Cannon have no idea? I hate Twitter, but if theiry have a presence on there, put a message up about this and use their hashtag. They don't like bad press. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

+1 (and I would add "any inkjet")
Reply to
Jeff Layman

Indeed. I have to say that the one A1 inkjet plotter I had was a pain to get printing after even a week switched off. When I was using it daily it was merely effing expensive on cartridges.

My laserjet stays on all the time and never fails to spit out a clean print even after weeks of inactivity.

Yes, the toner is as expensive as the ink cartridges were, but it doesnt waste them and in the grand scheme of things a medium quality A4 laserjet is not a bank loan job.

Inkjets for domestic use are pared to the bone costwise and have a lifespan to match. Spend a bit more for quality

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've been well pleased with my old Pixma mp272, absolutely no trouble refilling the ancient cartridges and i just ignore the continuous blinking yellow LEDs. Which reminds me, where to go high st wise , now Wilko went t*ts up, for generic black and colur ink. I dropped into cartrisge-world type place but no generic kits available of course. So reliable has this 272 been , i picked up another one in a charity shop for a spare , but carts or whole m/c never required. Once one of the carts needed unblocking with a short spell in an ultrasonic cleaner with meths fluid, but that was after sitting idle for many months. Sometimes a "deep" clean required rather simple clean. Your problem sounds like factory reset button sequence at power up.

Reply to
N_Cook

Have you tried connecting to a different pc? in case of corrupted stored settings or driver

Reply to
N_Cook

After two Canon printers blew their PS after about 2.5 years each, I decided to spend a bit more on the printer and got a Canon G6000. This has ink-tanks rather than cartridges, and after 3 years I have yet to need to refill any of the four tanks (will need to add black, soon). The printer comes with six

170ml bottles of ink, the three colours and three black.
Reply to
Tim Streater

The button at (2), is an example of a Stop/Reset button. You press that for five seconds (for some reason).

This is a picture of the real G650. It does have the reddish/pink button with the yield triangle in it, and that is the Stop/Reset button.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Tim Streater snipped-for-privacy@streater.me.uk> writes

I've used an Epson ET-2650 for several years. Very occasional clean needed. Black has been topped up and Yellow needed soon. Some issues with software on W7 but ok currently. (Amazon ink! Magenta came yesterday but cyan now promised for December!)

Reply to
Tim Lamb