OT: Electrical plug question

Separate independent conductors are not just the "norm" - it is all that is allowed except for short runs for "protection".

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Like 'enry 'iggins once said (slightly paraphrased) "By George, I think youve got it!!!!"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Thank GOD in Ontario in single unit and all stick framed residential units we don't have to use the infernal stuff!!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Apparently it is in CrookCounty

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Northwest burbs

Reply to
Markem

Helped rewire some houses that had aluminum wire, you might think it is not that bad when rewiring a whole house. Tract houses the layout is all the same too.

Reply to
Markem

replaced all devices in my aluminum wired house with coalr devices and pigtailed everything else with copper to pass theESA Safe inspection 2 years ago. Would hate to have to rewire with finished basement and no attic - and the service entry panel on the far side of the garage with the garage also fully insulated and drywalled (and scratrch-coated). Even ASSNING a ciecuit is fun - had to pull in a circuit for the central cac - at the extreme far end of the house basement - thankfully the house is only 30 feet long but 50 feet of wire would not have done the job - - Up 6, back 6, over 12, down 12 forward12, then 25 feet over and down 3 - had to stretch 75 feet to make it work! The up, back, across and down was all surface in the garage - in corners except the initial up from the panel - all the rest was in finished basement except the last5 or 6 frrt. Only slightly damaged 2 accoustic 8" square tiles in the ceiling of the laundry room - can hardly see the damage after re-installing. Basically the only wiring modifications done on the whole house (other than assing 240 volt outlet in the garage and the generator inlet circuit)

Reply to
Clare Snyder