OT: Ceiling lamp install

If he's worried about "phantom" readings he needs to get an old Wigginton voltage tester. - a "wiggy" One advantage is you can drop them off a ladder and not hurt them - anf they will NEVER give a "false positive"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

SWMBO dropped a pot of boiling water on her foot. A former FD paramedic (neighbor) looked at the burn and said she should go to the ER. SWMBO told me to call and see how busy they were.

The lady that answered gave me a time frame which was long but not crazy long. I jokingly asked if anyone wanted some coffee or anything and she jokingly said ?Some watermelon would be nice.?

Well, it turns out that SWMBO had bought a watermelon the day before, so I cut it up and brought it with us. When we checked in I mentioned that the lady I had spoken with had asked for some watermelon.

I don?t think SWMBO was seen any quicker, but we didn?t have to wait in the waiting room with the riffraff. The lady at the desk accepted our gift, grabbed a wheel chair, made a little fuss over SWMBO's and took us back into an exam room. A nice, quiet, private wait. Just before we left, an aide handed me my container, all nice and clean. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Who says bribery doesn't work?

Reply to
krw

That's my thought, but I avoid it unless necessary. Obviously not necessary at my own house, and I try to make a point to NOT do electrical work for other people. Do I know what I'm doing? I suppose, but I'm not an electrician, and don't want to be liable for that.

I helped a clueless neighbor pull his 60 amp breaker box back into service after one of the main bar fuses, the old paper style ones from

70+ years ago, literally crumbled to the point of no longer working. Someone hacked a 100 amp breaker box into the the main leads in the 60 amp fuse box, or was it to the appliance pull fuse...? I don't remember. I told him after his electric was "fixed" (I helped due to it being very cold out), that "I WAS NOT EVER HERE", and to call in an electrician to fix this mess ASAP. Hopefully he did... this is not the house that burned, but it could be the next one to go.
Reply to
Michael Trew

Yes, I agree, I always do it for peace of mind, rarely to actually find a breaker.

Reply to
Michael Trew