O/T: Weighing Piggy

Enjoy

Lew

Keoki wants to have a luau.

He needs a pig for the luau, so he goes to a pig farm and asks the farmer

for a twenty-pound pig.

The farmer goes into the pen and searches around for awhile.

Finally, he picks up a pig, puts its tail in his mouth and begins to swing

the the pig around for a few seconds.

He puts the pig down and says, "Nope, not quite 20 pounds."

He picks up another, puts the tail in his mouth, swings the pig around

awhile and declares "This one's 20 pounds!"

Keoki says, "You can't weigh a pig like that!"

"Sure I can," says the farmer, "Watch this."

So he calls his son over and asks him to weigh the pig.

The boy comes over, picks up the pig , puts its tail in his mouth, and swings it around for awhile.

Soon he puts the pig down and says, "This one weighs 20 pounds."

Keoki still doesn't believe they can weigh a pig this way, so the farmer tells his son to get his mother so she can weigh the pig.

After five minutes the boy returns alone.

"She can't come out just yet," he says. "She's weighing the mailman."

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Robatoy

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:28:29 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

--snip--

The epoxy fumes have finally taken their toll on poor Lew, eh?

-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A common misconception.

There are NO VOCs in epoxy laminating resins.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:20:24 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

REWRITTEN jes fer yew, lew:

"The epoxy odor has finally taken its toll on poor Lew, eh?"

Better? ;)

-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There is NO ODER either.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 09:12:56 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

That's 'cuz the _fumes_ burnt out your smell buds, bud.

-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I went to take a look at a used Subaru Legacy wagon. A low miler. Mint. Loaded. I opened the door and was taken aback by a waft of pig shit that brought tears to my eyes. The owner (yup, pig farmer) sauntered over to me wafting the same 'scent' and wondered why I suddenly lost interest. He had NO idea he stank. The car stank. This dude musta rolled in the shit to stink that bad. A solid $ 5K below wholesale market value. I had to walk away. Leather seats... saturated in pigshit. Nothing gets that kinda stink out of leather. I really liked that car.

His nose was toast.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote: =================================== I went to take a look at a used Subaru Legacy wagon. A low miler. Mint. Loaded. I opened the door and was taken aback by a waft of pig shit that brought tears to my eyes. The owner (yup, pig farmer) sauntered over to me wafting the same 'scent' and wondered why I suddenly lost interest. He had NO idea he stank. The car stank. This dude musta rolled in the shit to stink that bad. A solid $ 5K below wholesale market value. I had to walk away. Leather seats... saturated in pigshit. Nothing gets that kinda stink out of leather. I really liked that car.

-------------------------------------------- Lad, you need to learn to approach up wind.

A couple of Christmas tree perfume thingies hanging from the rear view mirror and you're in business and $5K ahead.

You've got to learn to be more creative laddie.

You're spending to much time with that CNC.

Lew

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

================================== I forgot to mention, don't forget the pair of hairy white dice also hanging on the rear view mirror.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I can be fixed thusly: Diffuse a pound of hydrogen sulfide in the car, liberally coating the seats. Close it up and let it sit for a few days in a warm place. Air it out well. The shit stink will be all be unnoticeable. Honest. mahalo, jo4hn (purveyor of truth)

Reply to
jo4hn

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 20:58:18 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Yabbut, -your- nose is nigh onta toast if you can't smell the chemical odor of polyester resin and hardener. Or are we thinking different types of epoxy here? I recall the more expensive types of epoxy resin having a distinct (but less pronounced) odor, too.

-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

---------------------------------------------- Trying to compare polyester with epoxy is about trying to compare apples with oranges.

Both are resins but after that all bets are off.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Polyester and epoxy are two different things. Polyester has a more pronounced stink than epoxy but both have a distinct odor.

Reply to
CW

"Lew Hodgett" shared this nugget with us

I just can't help myself...

I didn't know that apples and oranges were resins.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

You've never heard of applesauce?

Reply to
krw

noooooooooooooooo... resins are dried grapes, silly...

Reply to
Robatoy

I thought resins were made from grapes.... ?

Reply to
Doug Miller

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 13:23:13 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

So, enlighten us (am I alone?) on the differences, please, sir.

-- REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 14:37:04 -0800, the infamous "CW" scrawled the following:

And bondo is polyester + styrene, and has a lovely yet terrible odor.