Aga heaven...

who says Agas are just about cooking?
What Combi would give such pleasure?
http://www.larksrise.com/Aga%20heaven.jpg
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Tell me, the blue LEDs fitted inside the eyes of the kittens - battery or RF induction powered?
--
Grunff

Me.
Mary
Mary Fisher wrote:

Shame on you Mary!
Grunff wrote:

ORGANIC LED I think.
Philosopher says...

Awww, cuties. The two kittens at the back look like no trouble at all. Have they discovered curtaineering yet?
--
Hywel

http://sponsorhywel.org.uk /
Hywel wrote:

Nah. Not even weaned properly. First day downstairs...

Never
Yep. Certainly this weather they are a real pussy magnet.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I rely on my BMW M3 for that! ;-)
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:20:56 +0100, "Graeme"

I understand that they come with a place to keep the little blue tablets...... :-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Nice one!
ROTFLOLPMP!

Must be just me, but what are the little blue tabs?
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:34:07 +0100, "Graeme"

Either you lead a sheltered life or have a very effective SPAM filter. :-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I have, and I do. But I think I just might know what you are talking about. Never needed them though. Never been very successful pulling in my beamer either :-( (apart from the caravan).
Graeme wrote:

Mmm.
"what was it that first attracted you to him - the bulge in his trousers?"
"Yes, it was his wallet, basically.."
Graeme wrote:
A rather eccentric farmer was out walking his prize rooster one day, when it managed to get itself stuck in a cattle grid! The farmer tried to pull it free, but it was stuck fast.
Standing there scratching his head wondering what to do, this city boy in his flash executive saloon pulls up, and asks what the problem is. So the farmer explains that the rooster is stuck. The man gets out of his car and also has a go at pulling the rooster free. All it says is Squaaaaark! and does not budge. No worries says our man, "I have just the thing!". He opens the boot and produces a tow rope. Ties it round the rooster and attaches the other end of the rope to his car. He starts up, edges away and takes up the slack. As he applies a bit of power the rooster says Squaaaaark, squaaark, but still does not budge. So he revs it harder, and pulls some more. Squaark squaark squaaaark! The man floors the throttle, spins the wheels and goes full out for it. Still no joy. The rooster is not unexpectedly looking a bit put out by now! So the apologies for not being able to help out, and goes about his way - in the process even forgetting to take his tow rope.
Shortly after, the farmer sees his neighbour Ned walking down the road with his donkey. Ned, without saying much, appraises the situation. He picks up the end of the rope and ties it round the donkey's dangly bits! Quick slap on the donkeys butt, it trots off, pulls the rope tight, and squaaaaaark, Pop! The rooster is free!
The farmer looks on in amazement. He tells Ned that a chap tried to pull the rooster out using his powerful car and even that did not work.
Ned says, "Aye, a flash car won't always pull the birds, but if you are hung like a donkey it works every time!"
--
Cheers,

John.

Not many people think agas are just about cooking - thats why aga owners nearly always have electric kettles, toasters, baby belling hotplates, microwaves etc etc and a large number also own a proper trad cooker - grill, oven, 4 rings - which does everything an aga does but better, faster, with more control and at a tiny fraction of the buying and running costs. So there!
cheers
Jacob
On 16 Oct 2004 06:39:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@jpbutler.demon.co.uk (jacob) wrote:

Clearly it's true that there's much more to Agas than just cooking - there's a whole list of additional applications that go way beyond cooking and animal welfare.
In terms of your list above, I haven't had an electric kettle or a toaster for years and the last time I used a baby Belling was as a student. I do have a microwave, but its low usage almost doesn't justify its keep.
Remember that the Aga was invented in 1922 which i smuch more recent than gas or electric cookers.
Moreover, the inventor, Gustav Dahlen won a Nobel prize.
In terms of speed, quality and control, sorry to say you are mistaken on all counts.
I will concede that the purchase cost is a touch higher than one of your high end industrial wonders, but only by about 3dB which is not a lot.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Same here - except that I never used a Baby Belling and have never had or used a microwave.

Wrong. See:
www.gasmuseum.co.uk/cooking.htm

So?
Hmm. I disagree there, having used both solid fuel, gas and oil powered Agas, Rayburns and similar cookers as well as conventional cookers of many kinds. They do have some advantages (especially the slow oven in the case of cold, wet, orphaned lambs) but in the middle of Leeds we don't need that.
Last year we bought a dual fuel Aga derivitive and I'm very pleased with it. It doesn't heat the water, we don't need that, it doesn't make our small kitchen unbearably hot when in use and it fits in that kitchen.

I don't want a 'high end industrial wonder' either.
As with most things it's horses for courses. As a passionate cook with a small kitchen I wouldn't have anything other than what we have now.
Mary

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:54:47 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

Read it again. I said that the Aga was more recent than gas cookers.

Not everybody gets one of those, you know.......

I'm surprised that you don't keep lambs. It's only a small step up from bees and poultry.

being passionate is the important thing........