Re: Gas ch & oven Agas....

jim scribbled

> friend has moved house and now has a gas aga running ch and ovens etc. > > When he uses the oven the ch side rather too often quits, > presumably as pilot light is lost it shuts down - bloody > inconvenient esp w Xmas on the way... > > So for background info (he or I will not be messing w it), what's > a likely diagnosis? > > TIA

It may need a service. When was it checked over last?

Reply to
Jonno

Unless I am out of date and they have redesigned them then he should not be using an Aga for central heating, they were not designed for it. The Rayburn was the choice if you wanted a sensible amount of hot water heating capacity to run radiators from as it was specified to do that, Aga were primary cookers with the ability to produce enough hot water for washing up etc. Since the days when the two makes (now brands under same owner) were the market leaders in the UK similar range cookers from others have come onto the market, are you sure your friend has an actual Aga.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg