AGA Hot Water

Hi, I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I have an Oil fired AG

(2 Oven) which also produces all the hot water for the house. Therei lies the problem, the water is unbelievably hot, not just very ho verging on boiling. OK so this is not a problem in its self but ou house is quite old and wandery and by the time the hot water gets t the taps its running pretty slowly, so I have installed a pump for th hot water. But the water temp is to hot for the pump so had to instal a blender valve, unfortunately the high temp of the water overwhelm the blender valve which spasmodically shuts down and opens up if I hav it anywhere near its max output temp of 50c . The water pump thinks it having a fit off on, off on, and the water pressure is no better tha before. I?ve done the Surry flange bit and auto air bleeds. What I am trying to ask is I need to control the water temp in th cylinder, if it were a normal boiler I would fit a tank stat and bypas valve but the AGA website says do not do this. (Gravity feed from AGA t hot tank) Any help very welcome. Many thanks Joh

-- scrignac

Reply to
scrignac

look up a company called norton's or norton in sheffield, if it's within service range, they know just about everything aga and rayburn

Reply to
Gav

Contact Aga-Rayburn's technical department in Telford. I've always found them pretty helpful. If they can't help you directly, they will put you in touch with your local dealer who will be able to do so.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You have my sympathy. One day you'll grow up.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions, although as a newbie t this site and someone needing some help I was a bit surprised at th sharpness of the above response. I have used this site in the past fo invaluable technical help and this is probably the first Flame respons I have seen. Steve you may be an old hand at this but I am sure you don realise how many people you put off with needless insulting comments. But anyway thanks to the rest of you and I will contact the tech dep at AGA on Monday. Cheers Joh

-- scrignac

Reply to
scrignac

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:48:58 +0000 someone who may be scrignac wrote this:-

It tells you something about the poster, rather than the group.

It sounds as if you are not drawing off as much hot water as the cooker is producing. Is your hot water cylinder sized appropriately for the cooker and hot water use?

There might be three ways of dealing with this, in order of probable complication:

1) a larger hot water cylinder.

2) a towel rail.

3) replace the cylinder with a thermal store. The store would be heated by the cooker and at least one supplementary source. How is your heating provided? If an oil boiler then this could be a supplementary source.

All three options would need more consideration than can be given here, especially the last one.

Reply to
David Hansen

(a) This isn't a site, it's a newsgroup

(b) Aga-owner-baiting is one of the recognised sports here.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh don't mind him. His first love abandoned him for a member of the Young Farmers who used to dry his wet underwear on the Aga after delivering calves at 3.a.m. He's never got over it.