O/T: Hello

"Hello", the seat of my pants announced to me this afternoon it's "Shake, Rattle & Roll" time here in SoCal.

Everything appears to still be standing, at least until further notice otherwise.

Time to go back to collecting ZZZZ's.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Keep it under control Lew. Don't need any more disasters.

We're counting on you!

RonB

Reply to
RonB

"RonB" wrote: Keep it under control Lew. Don't need any more disasters.

We're counting on you!

--------------------------------------- Same as when a

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Keep it under control Lew. Don't need any more disasters.

We're counting on you!

RonB

--------------------------------------- Same as a few years back when your Polish Airforce was on guard.

This one seems to be down in Baja, 100+ miles south of TJ.

Have to wait and see how Mac made out.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reports are 6.9 in Baha.

Glad everything is OK, Lew.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

----------------------------------- Thank you.

It's been upgraded to 7.1.

For those interested:

was felt in AZ, probably also hear from those folks.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

7.2 was the latest... glad you're okay.
Reply to
Robatoy

Big one... You looking forward to when everything east of the San Andreas falls into the Atlantic?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

--------------------------------- Hanging in there.

It is being reported that this one will trigger more E/Q's, but unknown where.

Damage reports are beginning to come in from Mexico.

Lew

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

How is our buddy Max down in Baja?

Hey Max, let us know!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

5.4 and 7.2 now, according to the USGS.

you don't even have to pay extra for the ride.

Reply to
krw

-----------------------------------

As in "Mac the Turner"?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Yep. Mac.

Hey, I was only off by one letter! :-)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yep, some of our son's friends said the chandeliers in their house started swaying. Some of my wife's Facebook friends in Phoenix said water sloshed out of swimming pools.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Given California's current state budget situation, I'm sure they are trying to figure out a way to tax earthquakes as an entertainment tax.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Been through a 7.5 back in '75 up in the Aleutian Islands.

It's really sobering when you see the reinforced concrete underneath your feet ripple like somebody dropped a pebble in a pond.

Reply to
timdrouillard

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:32:51 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

You felt it all the way up there, didja?

My buddy in Olivenhain sent an email that said they felt a 6.9. We looked it up and it was a 7.2 which spoke Spanish.

look at the map lets you know it wasn't business as usual.

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:34:14 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

Don't laugh. You're on the wet side, too, Dave. ;)

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

We felt a nice gentle lateral "roll" ere in Case Grande, AZ.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Creeping up on us.

Reply to