Victory Garden Host, and Gentleman gardener, Jim Wilson

passed away at the age of 85 in his new home in Columbia, Missouri. He was an incredible gardener, very gentle and sweet and knowledgable. I have a few of his books. I consider it a priviledge to have seen him on Victory Gardens on PBS those ten years he was their host and later when they had him come do a special. He wrote 14 books on gardening, and has a last book coming out at the end of this year. He'll be missed. But he had a good long life and gardened to the end.

madgardener trying to adjust to the Delta West Tennessee fairy holler right now where she's making new attempts. Zone 7b, Sunset zone 33

Reply to
madgardener

Hello Maddie. Good to know you are still here. Just to let you know that my little fig forest of 9 in pots is producing a bumper crop of figs. Ingrid ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo